Hubby & I have been researching Class Bs and we really like the Simplicity and have narrowed it down between the Simplicity & the Simplicity SRT. We'd like to hear some pros & cons from Simplicity & SRT owners out there.
1. What do you love about your Simplicity or SRT?
2. What is the biggest drawback that you wish you had?
3. How's your fuel mileage?
4. If you have the underhood generator, does it work well?
5. Do you mostly boondock?
6. Is the shower usable?
7. Can you use the under-bed area for storage?
8. Do you need to buy a separate freezer for food storage?
9. Is the underhood generator quiet?
10. Can you park in a regular parking spot?
11. Can you get tank heaters to use as a 3-4 season coach?
12. Is the insulation sufficient?
We're nearing our 50s and not yet ready to retire. We're look at getting a Class B that I can drive to/from work on a daily basis and use 3 or more times a month for quick get-aways in state parks. We'll do an annual long trip out west for about 3 - 4 weeks. Mostly just quick day trips or long weekend get-aways.
We've rented several small Class Cs in the past and each time, we go smaller & smaller. It's just the two of us. At a campground last summer, our campsite neighbor had an old Roadtrek and let us look in the camper. We loved it. Just what we're looking for. We don't want a vehicle that's going to sit around unused, like a Class C.
We had looked at custom vans, some higher end vans (more expensive than our home!) and just really like the Roadtrek. The price is decent, even for a newer van and we'd get good use of it.
Looking forward to hearing your feedback