Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2015, 03:02 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Purchase replacement curtains or make them?

Hi, we are new here, but so glad we found this forum. Just purchased a new to us 2007 P-W excel TS. ALL the curtains are tattered and disintergrating from florida sun exposure. Has anyone purchased replacements from P_W, or made their own simple curtains, instead. Any and all ideas welcomed. Didn't find anything specific enough in the mod section. Thanks!
pebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:10 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Instead of curtains, I found reflective sunshades at High-End Motorsports dot com. Available for each model vehicle. They slip in in just a few seconds, they do what the curtains did, but I gain the space the curtains blocked off. No more curtains for me!
Old 09-09-2015, 04:41 AM   #3
Platinum Member

We have a 2006 PW Lexor- similar.
so far our curtains are in great shape...in AZ-
On the rear windows I have made reflectix panels and I use spring reflective shades over the rear side windows when we are parked at home.

Traveling, we use a reflective shade in the windshield- drawing the curtains from the side all the way to the front is a pain..

we just use the curtains for the side windows. we are considering cutting them to reduce the excess fabric.

Adco makes an exterior cover for the windshield and side windows- one version has roll down panels over the glass to let light in. under $55 if you look around.
I use an adco when we are home

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:51 AM   #4
Bronze Member

We just purchased the reflective shades you all suggested, since we will be in Az for the winter with our "Pollywog" (P-W) van. Contacted dealer about the curtains and he discovered that P-W can only supply the hardware, not the curtains for the 2007. Looks like I will be dragging out the sewing machine. But at least I can pick out some nicer accent colors for the interior.
Somehow the interior cloth walls of the unit got so hot it backed the edges of the cloth near the back windows. The cloth just sloughs off if you rub a finger over it. Sure don't want to replace wall panels, so will try to come up with a scheme to cover those areas possibly? Anyone else encounter this problem?
pebbles is offline   Reply With Quote