Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2010, 04:57 PM   #1

Default PW driver seat

I test drove a 94 PW that I really like and is in immaculate shape. The only problem is the driver's seat is moved back as far as it can go and is up against the kitchen cupboard. I'm not a tall person but I think there is not enough room to stretch my leg when driving. It felt okay but I'm worried that my leg will get sore if I drive a long distance. I noticed the RT popular also has restricted room but the RT versatile has lots of room because there is another seat behind the driver's seat. What do you think? I like the vehicle and plan to do many long distance trips with it.
born2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Re: PW driver seat

You can spend a lot of time behind the wheel, so you really have to go with what
feels the most comfortable to you. You might have to stop for a leg stretch more often
with the PW, but if everything else seems good, it might be worthy of consideration.
We try to stop every 2 hours or so and just get out, walk around a bit, and relax.
Sometimes we'll pull into a rest area, and take a quick nap. Allows for a leg stretch, too.

We like the wardrobe/storage behind the driver's seat in our RT 190P, but there's just
the two of us in the van, so extra seating isn't/wasn't a priority when we looked at the
various models when we considered buying a class B. Storage was.
If the 190V allows you to stretch out a bit more, and you don't mind the extra seats,
maybe it would work for you and your situation. You can always take the extra seats out
later, if they turn out out be inconvenient. I think some 190V owners have replaced them
with some extra storage solutions.
Just my opinion.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Re: PW driver seat

I have to go along with Mike about stopping every couple hours; you can stretch those legs, get some fresh air and then jump in and be gone again. It's amazing what that short break will do for our mental alertness. Safe travels.