Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2015, 07:25 AM   #1

Default Question about Pleasureway Lexor (Chevy) vs Roadtrek interiors

Hi everyone,

I hope you can share your opinions/experiences with Pleasure-way's Lexor with me. I didn't think I wanted a Class B on a Chevy chassis because when I walked through several Roadtreks at the dealership, they seemed too cave-like to me (even for one person).

I haven't been inside a Pleasure-way Lexor, but the pictures seem to show a roomier interior. Can anyone who's been in both tell me if the Lexor is more spacious than a Roadtrek Popular?

I'm also interested in the new Promaster Lexor, but also want to consider older models.

Thanks for your help.

Journey
MyJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:31 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I think what you are perceiving is the Roadtreks have floor to ceiling cabinetry on both sides of the van and the Chevy Lexor has floor to ceiling cabinetry only on the driver's side. The Lexor gives a more spacious view from front to back without cabinets blocking your view on both sides.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #3
Platinum Member

It is a factor of having the bath behind the driver's seat.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #4

Thank you for your replies. I know it probably results in less storage, but it just seems like a more comfortable set-up. I know the true test will be to actually step inside one for a bit, so I'll try to do that soon. Thanks again.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

We bought our first class B based on what you noticed. looked at both RT's and PW Chevys at an RV show. That was all it took. we bought the Lexor.
Now the ProMaster is a completely different chassis that would probably better fit your wants right now. Also check out the 2 Winnebago Travato models, G & K, and the Roadtrek Zion

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:55 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I've been in both. The PW Lexor is much more spacious feeling than the Zion. The Travato 59K beats them both. The Lexor has a very nice interior but at a much high price than the Travato but fairly close to the Zion. Because where the bath is in the 59K, it just opens up the whole coach.
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:09 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
I've been in both. The PW Lexor is much more spacious feeling than the Zion. The Travato 59K beats them both. The Lexor has a very nice interior but at a much high price than the Travato but fairly close to the Zion. Because where the bath is in the 59K, it just opens up the whole coach.

Yeah, been in a 59K, and can't imagine it being any more "open" in any class B of any brand...

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:48 PM   #8

Thanks for the additional feedback. I don't like the looks of the Zion at all. The Travato 59K is okay, but I don't know if I want beds that are always made up. After comparing videos of the Travato 59K and Pleasure-way's Promaster Lexor, the Lexor looks like a better fit, if I go new. (But that's from the viewpoint of never having be inside either, so don't hold me to that. ).

I've also heard that the build quality (not to mention warrantee) of the Pleasure-way class B's are much better than Winnebago.

Decisions, decisions...
Old 09-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #9
Platinum Member

we love our zion
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #10
Platinum Member

We looked at both in the 2006-7 timeframe. We liked the Luxor fit and finish better, but for us, it just didn't have enough storage. By the time you open up one whole side, and then put in wet bath (compared to the aisle shower of the Roadtrek 190 then) there is not all that much space for stuff. DW is a bit claustrophobic and is actually better in Roadtrek, probably due to the symmetry and the opening in the middle to kitchen window. I notice nothing either way.

The other thing that you may notice later, or earlier, is that there is no dropped floor in Lexor. The only real consequence is that the height of the van is a bit higher, and the door opening is shorter and much easier to hit your head.

We don't find the Roadtrek 190 confining at all, but everyone is different in that respect. If we want space, we usually have plenty right outside the door, where we usually are anyway.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:12 PM   #11
Platinum Member

If I was going to buy a Chevy, I'd get the Roadtrek 210. It's a bit bigger than a Promaster, can tow alot more (7500 lbs) and has ample interior and exterior storage. Price wise, they are in between the Promasters and the Sprinters. Some think it's still cave-like, others think it's fine. I'd be fine with one if I got all the new Eco-Trek features.

If you want to spend around $20k more and get fancy cabinetry, get the Lexor or the Zion. They are nice looking vans, but I'm not convinced the "quality" is any better than a Travato. I've yet to have any repairs needed for mine, so I'd say it's in the "good enough" category, considering the low price.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:31 PM   #12
Platinum Member

I have a 2006 Lexor TD, I shopped RT's populars and versatiles before buying.

The drop floor in the RT center section allows a lower roof shell. interior Headroom seems about the same- the PW is overall taller exterior...ours is 8'10" with the ac on top
I tripped over the floor transition(s) ( 1 front, 1 rear) in every RT we looked at.

space- most RT's have 1 or 2 pass seats - the lexor does not....that makes better layout.
the RT seemed to have floor to ceiling cabinetry which felt "close".

if you are tall avoid the sideway sleeper models such as the versatile.
I am close to 6'2" so that ruled out a few models...they also require a "climb-over" to use the can at night

very happy with the PW.
there is a great use of space/cabinetry.

I much like the chev chassis- we were in for under $40K

for RV interiors, some of the dealers post really good videos on youtube- very very helpful
mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote