Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2020, 09:36 PM   #1

Default Questions from a perspective buyer

I'm considering downsizing from a Itasca (Wbago) Navion 24J to a used 2019 Pleasure Way Lexor TS. I downloaded the 2020 brochure and owner manual for the 2019 Lexor and I have a few questions.

1. I see the generator is mounted under the coach behind the rear axle. Is it difficult to access for checking the oil level or performing an oil change?

2. Where do most owners store items like a small portable BBQ, small propane stove, leveling blocks, fresh water hose, shore cord, camp chairs (mine are the type that fold up into a long cylinder shape). My concern is storage for the items commonly used outside the coach when camping. I'm aware I could install a Stowaway cargo box, however I need the hitch receiver for my Yakima bike rack.

3. The propane tank is only 4.7 gallons. Is this enough for example, for a week of dry camping, running the refrigerator, usually not much if any furnace, minimal stove use (coffee in the morning).

4. I know this would be different for everyone, but how about the 12 gallon black tank? My wife and I often dry camp for 4-7 days and prefer not to use campground toilet facilities.

Lots of things for me to think about as I decide if downsizing to a camper van will work for us. I appreciate and welcome all comments and advice.
camper ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:17 AM   #2
jon
Platinum Member

I store all my supplies behind the rear sofa. I bought a just right sized water tight container for the sewer hose off Amazon. Using the internet you can find containers of any size. I have hoses, chords, chains, and blocks stuffed under the seat and a platform bed behind the sofa.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200811_135511.jpg (202.4 KB, 18 views)
jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:18 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Different folks have different styles and usage rates. We have a 10 gallon, we can get 6-7 days on it.

Might I suggest trying to find one to rent to get answers that will work for you on this and other issues.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:31 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I don;t know about that model- the genny under my 2006 chev based PW is easy to access /service. laying on the pavement, the access cover faces the rear, so easy
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 04:49 PM   #5

Thanks for all the answers and advice so far. Now another question... what are the pros and cons of the Ram Promaster chassis? I currently have a Mercedes Sprinter based Class C, so I'll be going from diesel to gas if I make the change to the Pleasure Way Lexor that I'm considering.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:04 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper ken View Post
Thanks for all the answers and advice so far. Now another question... what are the pros and cons of the Ram Promaster chassis? I currently have a Mercedes Sprinter based Class C, so I'll be going from diesel to gas if I make the change to the Pleasure Way Lexor that I'm considering.
Limited towing weight would come to mind.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:31 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
1. I see the generator is mounted under the coach behind the rear axle. Is it difficult to access for checking the oil level or performing an oil change?
I have a Roadtrek, but my generator is in the same location. Checking the oil is pretty easy with the caveat that you're laying on the ground & sliding under the RV. Changing the oil isn't too difficult, but I had problems pouring the oil directly out of the bottle into the fill port. IIRC, the port was rather small & there wasn't room for a funnel, so I wound up transferring the oil to a restaurant-style squeeze bottle & using that to put the oil in.

Quote:
2. Where do most owners store items like a small portable BBQ, small propane stove, leveling blocks, fresh water hose, shore cord, camp chairs (mine are the type that fold up into a long cylinder shape).
My RV has a storage area under the bed that's accessible from the rear, similar to the under-couch storage in the PW but perhaps a bit larger. I put most of those items there. I have a fold-down bike rack that allows the rear doors to open when it's down.

Quote:
3. The propane tank is only 4.7 gallons. Is this enough for example, for a week of dry camping, running the refrigerator, usually not much if any furnace, minimal stove use (coffee in the morning).
I have a 10 gallon tank. When I was on the road last summer I would typically go 2-3 weeks between propane fills. Didn't use the furnace but most evenings I cooked either on the stove or on the propane grill (or both). So maybe you could go a week? I agree with the other posters that this is hard to compare; individual usage can vary quite a bit.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:30 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Now another question... what are the pros and cons of the Ram Promaster chassis? I currently have a Mercedes Sprinter based Class C.
As a Sprinter owner I asked a similar question about possible Sprinter to Promaster transition over in this thread:
https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...rsa-11151.html
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:39 PM   #9

After looking at a 2020 PW Lexor TS, I've decided to keep my 2016 Itasca/Wbago Navion. I need for storage space than a class B offers, and I know I wouldn't love using a wet bath. Otherwise the Pleasure Way is an impressive coach.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
After looking at a 2020 PW Lexor TS, I've decided to keep my 2016 Itasca/Wbago Navion. I need for storage space than a class B offers, and I know I wouldn't love using a wet bath. Otherwise the Pleasure Way is an impressive coach.
I went specifically for a class b since I knew it would be hard to down-size if I started with anything larger. Now, ignorance is bliss and I don't know what I'm missing.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote