Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2013, 03:47 AM   #1
Rok
Platinum Member

Default Random Pop-ups

I'm getting random survey pop-ups when I'm surfing this site. Is anyone else getting that?

I'm trying to figure out if it is something on my computer or if it is something here.

Marko, did you change anything that would cause that?

It only seems to happen when I surf here.

.............Rocky
Rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Random Pop-ups

No changes here Rocky.
I use Firefox web browser and have pop-ups blocked. I disabled that to see if I could get a pop-up but no pop-ups for me.

If you are not logged in there are a few double underlined words per page that are ads that appears when your cursor is over that word. It's somewhat like a pop-up but small. Logged in members should not see those ads. My thinking with those was to encourage people to join and log in to block those ads and the ads after posts.

If you are logged in you should only see the banner ads at the top and sides of the forum. There should be no ads within posts and topics for logged in members.

I happy to look into things like this. If you can remember what post you were reading or if you were logged in etc. let me know. I'll try to recreate the problem here and eliminate it.

Anyone getting pop-ups on this site?
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
Platinum Member

No pop-ups here. Sometimes a third party program that gets installed on people's machines can throw pop-ups at you. I'd check your list of install programs and look for adware.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #4

I have not seen this happen here and I do allow advertisers ads to show on sites that I regularly use (but not in general) since that traffic, even though it won't generate sales for the advertiser, will help the site I'm visiting.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #5
Rok
Platinum Member

Thanks Marko. I figured it wasn't the site. My wife used my computer and downloaded something. Odd thing is the pop-ups only occur here and not very often (I've had them about 6 or 7 times total).

.........Rocky
Old 06-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #6
Rok
Platinum Member

Oh, and it really isn't a "pop-up", but more of a redirect to another page entirely where I have a heck of a time getting back to the forum--that's the worst part of it.

Again, thanks for the response. No need to research it further--it sounds like it is isolated to my computer.

..........Rocky