Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2014, 02:31 AM   #1
Ron
Platinum Member

Default Re: Question Sigma DPDT switches

Question:

On the Sigma 2S switch for the Auxiliary batteries on the Monitor Panel located on the shelf above the passenger lounge seat. This switch is a DPDT mom-on/off/mom-on, or known as Mini 3 Position Double Pole Momentary On-Off-Momentary On Rocker Switch.

The Sigma P2-61C switch is a DPDT on/off/on rocker switch.

The Sigma 2S is the switch that comes with the RoadTrek Monitor Panel.

My question is are these two (2) switches different or not from each other and function differently?
FMCA:303873 ~K1RRC~ RRRCRT@aol.com
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:34 AM   #2
Platinum Member

They appear to have the same electrical ratings according to this and if the original S2 switch is a -67 they should be the same physically as well.

[Edit: In an earlier edit I said the P2 had a lower electrical rating than the S2 based on what I read in the full catalog, but I misread - it's actually saying the P2 has a higher rating than the S2.]

The other main difference I see is that the S2 is a momentary-on switch (meaning it returns to the center OFF position as soon as you let go) but the P2 is not momentary-on (so it stays turned on after you release the switch - you have to manually return it to the OFF position). Whether that's a problem depends on what it's being used for & what the consequences would be if it's left in the ON position for a long period of time (something that's unlikely with a momentary-on switch since it's only on as long as your finger lasts). The 2010 Roadtrek 190 manual I found online didn't go into enough detail on how the battery switch was used & how it was connected for me to have an opinion on that. And it's not just deliberate activations you need to be concerned with - what if you accidentally bump the switch on your way out of the van & it stays on all day? Or it's the end of a trip and winds up staying on for weeks, until you use the RV again?

The difference between the dash numbers seems to be the size & shape of the terminals, so I'd take a close look at the S2 & try to figure out exactly which one you have & if it matches up with the P2-61 shown in that document.

Not sure what the "C" is for or if it's important. I'm also assuming here that when you say "2S" you mean "S2" - if that isn't the case then ignore all of this, but I don't see a "2S" in the full catalog.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
Ron
Platinum Member

Default Re: Re: Question Sigma DPDT switches

I obtained the 2S off of the Sigma switch itself, in the catalog it does have S2, Campskunk on the RoadTrek Facebook Forum also explained in detail of the S2 and the P2-61C. Glad I googled for information on both switches and posted the question on this forum as well as the RoadTrek Facebook Forum. I sure do appreciate the response on my question by all.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:16 AM   #4
Ron
Platinum Member

Had to have a new Self Latching Battery Disconnect Relay installed in our 2010 RoadTrek, 190 Popular, everything is now running like a charm. Friend and former co-worker who owns a RV Repair business knew right away what the problem was.

He had one in stock and replaced the older one with a new one, Brad has experience with Class B's as he worked for Marty's USA RV in Assonet, MA as Marty's was a Pleasure Way dealer.

Marty's was bought out a year ago by Campers World, anyone in the SouthCoast of MA or anyone visiting in the area should have a problem with their RoadTrek I would suggest contacting Brad.

Brad has his shop in East Freetown, MA, http://www.bradsrv.com I would like to thank all who gave me information and suggestions especially John Slaughter.

Ron