Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #1

Default Rear speakers on Pleasureway Plateau not working

Hello everyone. We are new owners of a 2009 Pleasure-way Plateau TS and are really enjoying the opportunity to once again travel. I have a question regarding the sound system that you more experienced class B owners might know the answer. In the rear, above the couch/bed, there are two speakers on each side of the coach mounted on the underside of the storage cabinets, a round shaped one and a rectangular shaped larger one. Neither one of the speakers seem to be working with either the rear sound system/television or the dash mounted radio. Is there an adjustment somewhere that I am missing?
Old 11-04-2014, 02:03 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Rear speakers on Pleasureway Plateau not working

When I turn on my tv I go to the settings menu and there is a setting for the sound. If you try the different settings you will see that sometimes the sound is Surround and if you change the settings it is up front on the tv itself. This setting applies to if you play a video too. I hope that makes sense. DO you have a manual for the tv and setup?
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #3

Yes, I have quite a comprehensive manual for the Samsung TV and a very basic manual for the NESA DVD/CD/etc. player. The TV is mounted in a wood cabinet and lifts up in order to see the connections and every wire seems to be properly installed. The wires go into the NESA player which is permanently mounted above the TV.
I have tried every possible (I think) combination of setup selections regarding the audio/speakers options and so far am only able to get sound through the television speakers irregardless if playing a CD or DVD or watching a television channel.
In the big scope of life, this is not a big problem. We love our "B" and, as new members of the B owners, the information I have learned on this forum is incredible. Thanks everyone.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
Platinum Member

My two rear speakers in the cabinets over the sofa in my 2005 Pleasure-way Plateau quit working. I never did figure out what was wrong. I traded it in back in 2011 so can't help much in this discussion.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:50 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman
Yes, I have quite a comprehensive manual for the Samsung TV and a very basic manual for the NESA DVD/CD/etc. player. The TV is mounted in a wood cabinet and lifts up in order to see the connections and every wire seems to be properly installed. The wires go into the NESA player which is permanently mounted above the TV.
I have tried every possible (I think) combination of setup selections regarding the audio/speakers options and so far am only able to get sound through the television speakers irregardless if playing a CD or DVD or watching a television channel.
In the big scope of life, this is not a big problem. We love our "B" and, as new members of the B owners, the information I have learned on this forum is incredible. Thanks everyone.
I use the small remote control to choose menu, as mentioned, and I initially tried several setting under Sound until I could hear the rear, upper speakers playing additional to the actual tv/dvd speakers. If my wife is sleeping and I am watching a tv program, I switch the sound away from the rear overhead speakers and turn down the tv speakers. Should work on your system which seems to be about the same as mine.
AL
Old 11-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #6

Thanks for the advice AL. I'll give a try this afternoon.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:17 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Greg,
Did you get the rear overhead speakers working, using the remote, Sound listing on menu and so on?Hope so. My manual was useless in that regard.
AL
Old 11-16-2014, 11:43 PM   #8

No, unfortunately not. I tried every possible option in the menu and the sound continues to come out of the television Only, even when playing a CD or a DVD. I might try to track down a solution, but not until it warms up here in Michigan.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:32 PM   #9

I'm having the same problem and I'm wondering if you solved it or have other insights. I suspect the amplifier for the speakers is the problem, but no way to be sure without replacing it, which is whole other questions.
byronj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:40 AM   #10

Yes, I did get the speakers to work. It turns out that there were two things keeping them from working. The plastic fuse holder had a slight crack in it and had separated just enough to prevent power going to the amplifier. I replaced the fuse holder. The second thing I learned was that you must, at least in my Plateau, have the black cord with the small photo type jack end plugged into the headphone outlet on the back of the tv in order for the speakers to work. Otherwise, sound will only come out of the tv speaker. Make sure you turn on the tv switch on the front of the cabinet as that powers up the amp. Let us know how things turn out.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:02 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman
Yes, I did get the speakers to work. It turns out that there were two things keeping them from working. The plastic fuse holder had a slight crack in it and had separated just enough to prevent power going to the amplifier. I replaced the fuse holder. The second thing I learned was that you must, at least in my Plateau, have the black cord with the small photo type jack end plugged into the headphone outlet on the back of the tv in order for the speakers to work. Otherwise, sound will only come out of the tv speaker. Make sure you turn on the tv switch on the front of the cabinet as that powers up the amp. Let us know how things turn out.
Glad you got it working. Yes and the TV switch must be ON. I find my surround system quite good but sometimes it is so loud I switch to TV only.
Hope you like your PW TS . Mine is excellent. My wife wants a LTV Unity TB. I will have a hard time parting with mine.
AL
Old 12-10-2021, 01:50 PM   #12

Default Re: Rear speakers on Pleasureway Plateau not working - So close and yet so far

I have a 2011 PW Plateau TS - the head unit above my TV is a DUAL XDVD770BT The headphone plug is plugged in to the back of the TV (and runs up into the cabinet where the head unit is) No matter what combination i select from both TV and the DUAL unit i cannot get TV sound out of the rear speakers. I can get sound from the DUAL DVD player to the rear speakers - DVD/RADIO/BLUETOOTH all play but no selection picks up the TV. Removing the plug from the TV allows sound on the TV speakers. Not a terribly big deal, We love our PW but that one little thing is still niggling me. Any help for settings would be appreciated. If nobody has a simple answer I'll disassemble that cabinet and see where that cable goes... OH WAIT.. I'll also plug a set of headphones in - Didn't even think about the fact the headphone jack may not be putting out any sound.
Stabuindaheart is offline   Reply With Quote