Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2018, 02:35 AM   #1
Gold Member

Default Refinishing/detailing clearcoat cost?

Anyone had their rig fully cut, polished, and waxed to restore the paint?

My '07 paint is pretty dull after 10 years in the FL sun. I recently removed the badly worn stickers and decals and the factory new paint underneath is beautiful. So I have random spots of perfect paint surrounded by oxidized paint. A standard wax job won't get it done...

Curious if anyone's looked into the costs for restoring something like that to its former glory?
bigfelipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:40 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Have you tried anything to see if it could be a DIY deal? With a orbital buffer, and the McGuire's products, you can probably do a great job and restore that RT. Take a look at UTube there is a fellow named JunkYard who starts from the beginning and shows everything you need. Ron
Old 06-18-2018, 10:55 AM   #3
Gold Member

I really don't want to do it myself. After looking into it, it's several hundred bucks in tools and chemicals. On top of that, it's not a skill in my wheelhouse. I'd rather just pay a pro and enjoy the finished product.
bigfelipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:12 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfelipe View Post
I really don't want to do it myself. After looking into it, it's several hundred bucks in tools and chemicals. On top of that, it's not a skill in my wheelhouse. I'd rather just pay a pro and enjoy the finished product.
I paid a local mobile wash/wax guy to do our new Agile and it was $140 bucks. I would guess with the extra work involved and a few more chemicals/polishes needed it would be about double. I am in FL as well.

2017 RT Agile SS
ponti33602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:18 PM   #5
Platinum Member

FWIW, this Air Forums thread here talks about "nano-ceramic" enhancements for a Sprinter's paint job, but be warned -- the cost is in the thousands, not hundreds.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:40 PM   #6
Platinum Member

At the FMCA Perry Rally in March I had my 24 foot Sprinter B-van washed and waxed, including some detailing like extra wheel cleaning and tire treatment. This was being done by several mobile detailing guys that often cover large RV rallies. Cash payment only.

The standard rate was $10/foot. Thought that was a bit high for a B-van since they charge the same rate for large Class-A's that are nearly twice the height. But I wanted it done so I paid the $240. My buddy who I was traveling with also got his 34 foot Super-C done and told me he usually gave these guys an extra tip over the $10/foot. I did not give them a tip because I thought they over-charged me.