Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Relocating TV Winnebago Era

Anyone relocate their TV in a Winnebago Era 70A model where the TV is on the end of the kitchen counter? If so, where to and how did you do it? Pics would be great! Thanks.
Abn1SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 04:38 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Always satisfying to get your van customized to your liking. I'm not familiar with your tv placement, but did you first consider a different tv mount in your current location that may articulate for a better view?
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 05:53 PM   #3
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Always satisfying to get your van customized to your liking. I'm not familiar with your tv placement, but did you first consider a different tv mount in your current location that may articulate for a better view?
What I'm thinking is mounting the TV with a wall TV mount from the top side of the kitchen cabinet above the countertop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15975138060036950851144721216396.jpg (244.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-15-2020, 06:03 PM   #4
Platinum Member

an antenna always gives access to lots of cowboy movies don;t it?

I'm not so familiar with your set up, but what you suggest seems a good alternative- free up the counter space

does audio run through the van or are you using the tv speakers? if so, would that ever be an issue if someone is sleeping?

btw woot often has mounts for a good price, owned by amazon free shipping of you have prime

https://www.woot.com/category/electr...nt_cdet_elec_4
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:10 PM   #5
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abn1SG View Post
What I'm thinking is mounting the TV with a wall TV mount from the top side of the kitchen cabinet above the countertop.
Think something like a 'Lagun Table System' upside down, very fancy articulating tv mount.

Good time to think about the ideal size screen.

Bud
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:43 PM   #6
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
an antenna always gives access to lots of cowboy movies don;t it?

I'm not so familiar with your set up, but what you suggest seems a good alternative- free up the counter space

does audio run through the van or are you using the tv speakers? if so, would that ever be an issue if someone is sleeping?

btw woot often has mounts for a good price, owned by amazon free shipping of you have prime

https://www.woot.com/category/electr...nt_cdet_elec_4
Yep, always good to find a good western on OTA TV. TV's audio does both so I can choose.

Thanks for the heads up on Woot.👍
Old 08-15-2020, 07:44 PM   #7
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Think something like a 'Lagun Table System' upside down, very fancy articulating tv mount.

Good time to think about the ideal size screen.

Bud
Thanks, will check into it.👍
Old 08-16-2020, 10:14 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Every once in a while I look at moving mine from the counter but haven’t done it yet. Hanging it off the kitchen cabinet was one thought but I seem to recall I was afraid I’d keep hitting my head on it (but I’m not sure why) and I was concerned about the cabinet handling the weight. I think my solution will be to move it to the wall on the forward side of the fridge. We removed our sofa and we only sit in the rotated front seats so viewing would be ideal. I think the cabling would be easier since there is power and I think a TV connection in the cabinet right above. I’m sure they put it on the counter for outdoor viewing, but we don’t do that and the extra counter space would be nice.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:28 PM   #9
Silver Member

I just took ours out. A standard sink hole cover works for the large hole. I haven't figured out a long term solution that will also cover the 4 bolt holes(1/4" dia.).
Nspekter is offline   Reply With Quote