Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2018, 11:51 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604eholston@charter.net View Post
Hi, the Valterra "Sewer Solution" system uses water to drive the macerator and requires NO electric power to macerate and dump.
Yes, the Valterra water powered macerator is te latest one that I am considering, especially as in our case it won't have much to break up! We only pee in the toilet other than in an emergency situation if no alternative!

Of course normally we will use campground dump sites anyway when away on a trip - I just want to have some way to dump the tanks at home if we happen to use the van for day trips.

I think the Sewer Solution should work for that. I don't seem to have an external cleanout and will just buy a 3/4" hose and run it into a toilet in the
house - others have done this with apparently no issues.

I have read quite a few reviews about the Sewer Solution, and generally folks seem satisfied with it. I did read a couple of reviews that complained of minor leaks, but then, that may be just related to connection tightness or gasket issues.

Brian.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:12 PM   #22

When I said I ran power to the spot where the Flojet attached, I meant I had to run 12V power. The negative is no problem as I attached it to a bolt that was connected to the RV frame. The positive connection I made by attaching to the 12V insulated bolt that is under the RV. This insulated bolt is where numerous power wires come off under the RV. For instance, the connection to the generator starter attaches at the bolt. I then ran a adequate sized wire to near the Flojet attach point. The Flojet comes with the plug in equipment needed to make this happen. By doing it this way, I can use the Flojet while camping or at home.

And yes, I use the Flojet 1855500A. Check Amazon and Ebay for the best price.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:57 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Well, after considering all options, including electric and water powered macerators - and reading their mixed reviews on Amazon, in the end, I decided that the most economic- and likely trouble-free way to set up for the odd dumping of our black / grey water at home if we have used the B for day trips would simply be a ten gallon blue boy tank that I can just carry indoors and dump in the toilet.

Took me a long time to come to this conclusion after considering more complicated, costly, and possibly more problematic solutions! Order just placed!

End (hopefully) of story ............ Brian.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote