Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2021, 03:34 PM   #1

Default Removing front passenger seat from Pleasure Way

I've found discussions/videos about removing the rear passenger seats but wondering if there's anything novel about taking out the front passenger seat. It's just me and my dog and I would love the extra room but don't want to embark on something regrettable. I have a 2011 Pleasure Way Lexor.
dej34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 03:59 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the Forums

this is on a chev?

I have a 2006 lexor, yours is likely similar

You'll need a 10mm wrench to remove 4 bolts holding the seat to the swivel mount, 1 each corner

I have a billion 10mm wrenches- to make this easy I bought a stubby 10mm with a ratcheting end on amazon

It tight under there.

the seat is not too heavy, lift it up to the rear, and out the side door.

the swivel mechanism can then be removed, this may be greasy. not sure of wrench size needed.

I only took the top plate off of mine to clean and lube the bearings

on mine there is a "box" which holds all my manuals and stuff under the swivel, I never looked to take this out.

I use my swivelled pass seat all the time as we leave the bed made up.

as you know the floor between the seats gets hot and that is where I pile my reflectix window covers, with dog bed on top. it works well

cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 08:12 PM   #3

Thanks! My seats don't swivel so I wasn't sure if that would add an extra level of complication but at this point I think I'll just go for it!
Old 08-13-2021, 10:50 PM   #4
Platinum Member

no swivel? I wouldn't like that.

it is possible that the seats are attached to the van floor by GM factory bolts which may use a torx driver rather than conventional wrench
mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:01 PM   #5

It’s just me and Walter the dog so that seat hasn’t had a butt in it in the three years I’ve owned it! 😃
Old 08-14-2021, 12:17 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Assuming that this is a Chevy Express/GMC Savanna van (not the later/current Lexor on the Promaster chassis), you'll need 10, 13, and 18mm wrenches to get it out, according to some notes I have. YMMV if you don't have the rotator bases, but definitely 18mm for the bottom four nuts. I would suggest that you take out the seat only first, as I found it to be both quite heavy and a handful. Hopefully, Walter is strong and talented. When you're done, you will be left with four studs sticking up from the floor, and they are welded in. I would not suggest cutting them off as you'll be left with no (easy and safe) way to put the seat back in, should you or a subsequent owner wish to. You could make a thick board(s) with four holes in the appropriate places, or have someone make something for you.
dicktill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:04 AM   #7

Sweet! Done! Ended up taking the whole box thing out. And lo and behold, I'm a moron and the seat does swivel. The mechanism was a little janky and I've literally never had a need to sit in it so I never fought with it! But yes, I have some scrap wood sitting around that I can drill out so I don't have the bolts sticking up. I just got a foldable kayak that's a couple inches too thick to fit under the bed but now it'll fit in this vacant passenger seat area! Thanks everyone!
Old 08-15-2021, 07:11 PM   #8
Bronze Member

PS, save the seat. Our first class B was a 1993 Dodge, with a lawn chair where the passenger seat should have been. My wife was not too crazy about that though I offered to get a good stout rope to use as a seatbelt.

I wound up having to buy a seat from a junk yard, and then get a guy to fabricate a mounting plate to ensure that in the event of a front end collision, the newly installed used seat wouldn't pull from the floor and sail her like a fighter jet ejection seat out the windshield. All told it wasn't too expensive to put together, but it was somewhat of a hassle getting all the pieces and parts. So, coming full circle....... save the seat.
Kegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 12:27 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dej34 View Post
Thanks! My seats don't swivel so I wasn't sure if that would add an extra level of complication but at this point I think I'll just go for it!
Your seats swivel...unless someone removed and I doubt that
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 09:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTom View Post
Your seats swivel...unless someone removed and I doubt that
Thanks! I already covered that in a comment above!

Tags
front seat, lexor, pleasure way, removal, removing