Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2019, 10:28 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Repeatable posts

Is there a virus problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg erfghhwr.jpg (284.0 KB, 32 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:41 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I noticed this too. Some are posted to recent threads, some a few months old.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:00 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I'm the poster was there a PROBLEM as the post is to welcome new members and give them some ideas as to how this forum works and how it can work better. As I live in Florida I post a link to RV Camp Grounds in Florida and the last link was for B&Bs and Wal-Mart Parking website. It also showed them they could star at USER CP so that we could all get to know them. As I had not done this prior I went back for three or four months.

What was wrong with the post?
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:22 AM   #4
Platinum Member

See the picture, was your post supposed to be for IRV2.com forum? Seems as you have a generic form to copy on different forums.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:36 AM   #5
Platinum Member

I also, notice two issues in my posting of this post. The post shows a letter that I had created for new members in another forum. I did do a correct in my new postings to new members.

The other issue, in my creating a welcome letter for new members here I in some way pickup a link a quote and was attached in my copy to paste. That issue and letter format have been corrected.

My Question is this not to be done welcoming new members as I do not recall anything in rules. The form welcome was for that member only. As a map for them through this forum. But if you do not want to welcome new members I can do that. Just let me know what works best for the forum.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:43 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
See the picture, was your post supposed to be for IRV2.com forum? Seems as you have a generic form to copy on different forums.
Here attached below is the new format as a welcome for this Class B Forum only for new members. Is this OKay or NOT Okay?

Welcome to the Class B Forum:

Lots of fun and helpful members here on the Class Bs in General.

If you do head down to Florida checkout http://CampFlorida.com As this may be helpful in finding that special RV Park somewhere in the state of Florida.

Also, if you do any Wal-Mart Boondocking Stops this may be a useful link. Enjoy and safe TRAVELS. You can also find RV PARKS above in CAMPGROUNDS. Wal-Mart Parking locator & Bed & Briefest
http://www.allstays.com/c/wal-mart-locations.htm

Now as for this Forum you may want to make note of the above two MENUs. The top Menu will open the forums for your reviews and feedbacks. The next MENU below is your MENU for inputting what you want fellow members to know about you. Please Click USER CP on the top left under the main menu and once open start at the top and slowly take them to step by step letting this forum know what you want about yourself, RV, Travels, History Thanks look forward to more POST.

Also when making a POST on the bottom add TAG about five would work nicely an example of tags: rv, dogs, campfire, sounds, seasons that make or will better link your POST. Thanks

Also, from time to time, you may get a note email from the administrators which you will find under your NAME on the top right.

Thanks for JOINING and Welcome to the Class B Forum. Safe Travels, Happy Trails and enjoy the adventures. Welcome.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:58 AM   #7
Platinum Member

I am not against welcoming members; I am sure they will welcome this. But so many of verbatim copied posts all over a sudden looked like an issue.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:19 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
I am not against welcoming members; I am sure they will welcome this. But so many of verbatim copied posts all over a sudden looked like an issue.
The oversight and errors are all my doing in my haste to form the letter and post. I was running into issues and making corrections during the creation prior to and during posting. All should now be corrected for new members to be provided a welcome letter by me. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused or interruptions to this forum as a whole.

Thanks for your understanding and time.
DogMan
Old 11-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
The oversight and errors are all my doing in my haste to form the letter and post. ........................
Why haste, new members often got welcome notes before your posts.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:30 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Form letters do not feel very welcoming to me. If a personalized note of welcome is too much trouble, may I suggest a simple wave?