Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #1

Default Replacement Awning Spring

Greetings all

Our old VanAmera continues to provide me countless hours of exploration... In the garage... However, she is now oil tight, and no longer marking her territory like an old Harley.

One of the things my exploration has discovered, is the old Apollo Awning is in pretty good shape. It does appear the spring in it has broken however, as it no longer rolls itself up. I have yet to open the tube up and pull the spring, but it is a pretty safe bet it's snapped.

Norseman quit making awnings many years ago, I actually deal with them as a supplier for products for work. There is no joy to be found with them on this issue.

Question then come a, does anyone have a line on a good spring company /manufacturer who may have, or be able to make, a replacement?

Thanks
Scott
The Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:19 PM   #2
Bronze Member

If your awning is similar in construction to a Zip Dee About which, I know a little), then it is possible the spring has simply slipped of the indent in the roller tube. Worth taking it apart to out. I solved that problem with a pop rivet thru the indent. BE CAREFUL, that spring is powerful after winding it up.
604eholston@charter.net is offline   Reply With Quote