Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2021, 03:40 AM   #1

Default Replacement for Contoure Coffee Maker?

We love our 2010 Great Western Van including the under the counter coffee maker. Unfortunately, it has died and Contoure no longer makes them. We would like to have a replacement but can't find anything that fits under the counter in the 11" high by 12" wide by 9.5 inch depth. No one around Tucson, AZ fixes coffee makers any more.Just heating water and pouring it into the coffee basket into the coffee pot sitting in the sink works but replacing the Contoure would work better.
clydemorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:28 PM   #2
Platinum Member

The smallest Keurig machine is quite a bit smaller than that and the couple minutes to make a cup of coffee takes very little battery power in our van. Not everyone is a Keurig fan but the small size and fast coffee sold me for the van.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:37 PM   #3
Site Team

I agree that Keurig is probably the way to go.

However, if you want to take a shot at repairing your current unit, there is a high probability that the failure is due to an open thermal fuse. All drip coffeemakers have them and they are easy to test with a voltmeter, and easy to replace if you can solder.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:18 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestion. We believe the Keurig machine are too wasteful to use so need to find another option.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:19 PM   #5

Sounds like an excellent idea. I couldn't find a way to open it up but will look again.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:00 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydemorris View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. We believe the Keurig machine are too wasteful to use so need to find another option.
You can buy reusable pods for the Keurig. Add your own ground beans, rinse and reuse. Unless you're boycotting the company as a matter of principle...

But I hope you can figure out how to fix the one you've got; seems like you really like it. I did some searching for built-in coffee makers and didn't see anything comparable. Lots of fancy, high-end stuff.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:14 AM   #7
Platinum Member

we have great results with an old fashioned perculator
with the gas burners it takes 10 or 12 minutes in the morning

k cups are wasteful but convenient

as above it may be an easy fix if you open it up

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
I agree that Keurig is probably the way to go.

However, if you want to take a shot at repairing your current unit, there is a high probability that the failure is due to an open thermal fuse. All drip coffeemakers have them and they are easy to test with a voltmeter, and easy to replace if you can solder.
Yes, I would agree with Avante. Probably a thermal fuse has gone bad. I bought a replacement online to fix my Mr. coffee. It worked well. And was not difficult to troubleshoot or to do the job.
eieiooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:07 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I had the Contoure in my Great West Van. It was the best coffee maker idea at the time but it too went bad and I couldn’t find a replacement at the time to fit the space. I like the functionality of our built in under counter Keurig in our ARV that pulls out. They are not wasteful if you use refillable K-cups. In fact you can make just the coffee you need instead of throwing a pot out. That’s important while traveling. My wife can fill two 12oz traveling thermal mugs in the time it takes for me to fill the tank at a service station.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7AA584B0-0A36-4CFB-92F0-7D8866BEE247.jpg (243.3 KB, 5 views)
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:46 PM   #10
Site Team

Our GWV legend came with the same Keurig setup as Davydd's. I modified it with an automatic water feed that keeps it full, which is very handy, especially when on the road.

We love the Keurig, but it is pretty big and wasteful of space. This time, I am thinking of downgrading to one of the much smaller Keurigs, such as this:

Instead of taking up an entire potential storage bay, it could sit on the counter, or perhaps on a little shelf above it. With the autofill thing, I see no advantage to the larger unit. It does have some fancy timer stuff, but we don't use that stuff.
Old 11-24-2021, 02:41 PM   #11
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Our GWV legend came with the same Keurig setup as Davydd's. I modified it with an automatic water feed that keeps it full, which is very handy, especially when on the road.

We love the Keurig, but it is pretty big and wasteful of space. This time, I am thinking of downgrading to one of the much smaller Keurigs, such as this:

Instead of taking up an entire potential storage bay, it could sit on the counter, or perhaps on a little shelf above it. With the autofill thing, I see no advantage to the larger unit. It does have some fancy timer stuff, but we don't use that stuff.

Hi avanti,

I had a single serve brewer that I liked, but it broke. I should have purchased another, purchased what you posted above instead. If could choose between the two, I would purchase the less expensive one. "I see no advantage to the larger unit." That is the reason. The Kerkig brewer is noticeably larger, yet the smaller one basically does the same thing, same amounts...... Every dimension is less.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:46 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Hi avanti,

I had a single serve brewer that I liked, but it broke. I should have purchased another, purchased what you posted above instead. If could choose between the two, I would purchase the less expensive one. "I see no advantage to the larger unit." That is the reason. The Kerkig brewer is noticeably larger, yet the smaller one basically does the same thing, same amounts...... Every dimension is less.
Hmm.. Those things are bigger than I pictured. I fell for the old selective-viewing-angle trick. Thanks for the link to the smaller one.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:07 PM   #13
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Hmm.. Those things are bigger than I pictured. I fell for the old selective-viewing-angle trick. Thanks for the link to the smaller one.

Thanks avanti (I guess). I now realize that I fell for the trick also and ended up with the Keukig. The the thing in my kitchen at home is Big, In fact, over twice the volume! I did the math.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote