Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2021, 06:04 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Years ago we replaced our PW's incandescent lights with good quality LEDs. One of the lights blew apart

this is why I use philips leds

much of what is available is junk

I'll include my home experience-

I bought feit leds at costco for a lamp in the house, which burned up literally on first use.

My home is full of philips leds lamps

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 07:30 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfm View Post
I also have 3 Hg fluorescent lights in 2014/15 RoadTrek and took the cover off to take a look. Didn't see a ballast. Does anyone know if the ballast is under the fixture. I looked at a tube video, but removing the ballast and cutting various wires looking a little daunting. Any advice?
If you're not comfortable rewiring the light fixture to remove the ballast, replacing the entire fixture with an LED light would be simpler.

As for the location of the ballast, maybe it is underneath the fixture. I've never come across a fluorescent light that didn't have a ballast somewhere.

Or perhaps a previous owner already did an LED conversion and those aren't fluorescent bulbs?
Old 08-19-2021, 11:07 PM   #23
Bronze Member

YES we replaced ours with these from AMAZON and they have worked well for 2.5 years. These bulbs replaced the tradtional bulbs that are in the lights throughout the interior and the outdoor light on the side. As for the circular lamp fixture in the rear I picked up a rectangular one at Camper World that has two settings and it was simple to switch out and gives us lots of light.
Definately a good idea to switch out bulbs.
Do pay attention to color and get what you prefer.
Our 2002 Dodge RT 190 is also original inside and we just use it. It works well and I am not intereseted in messing around with it. However the light blue carpets are the one thing I'd love to get rid of as they get dirty too easily, stain too.
Safe travels.
s
10x Super Bright 1156 1141 1003 BA15S 68-SMD LED Replacement Light Bulbs for RV Indoor Lights(10-Pack, Warm White (3000K-3500K Color Temputure))

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
sehsteve@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 12:09 AM   #24
Bronze Member

Default 12v LEDs

I replaced all my old bulbs w LEDs. According to my Trimetric meter, with all of my LED turns on, they consumed 1/2 the power of one incandescent bulb. FYI. I took them all out of my ‘96 RT when I sold it and installed them in my present ‘01. Not one has gone bad yet.
honeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote