Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #1

Default Replacment windows or seals for American Cruiser

After being a 3 year Roadtrek 170 owner we decided to go with something slightly larger with a better sleeping floorplan. I found a 98 American Cruiser with 20k original miles that came to New England in 2010 from California. The under carriage and mechanicals are outstanding and I bought it pretty well, 12k.
Now the bad, it looks like it was ridden hard by the first owner then stored in a barn for 4 years.
I think I got all of the mouse nests out, tore out the carpeting and have a lot of the interior currently removed.
My issue is that the windows are on about a 10 degree slant in and all leak to some degree, (good thing it was stored inside, so the water damage is not too bad). I've cleared the weep holes below the sliders and it doesn't seem to be coming from the window frame seal but through the wiper and slider seals.
Does anyone have any experience with this or where I can get either replacement windows or seals? They are unique windows so would like to hear from other AC owners if you have overcome window leaks.
Thanks, Harry
Still in my
RT170
harryakajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
Silver Member

Default Re: Replacment windows or seals for American Cruiser

Try CR Lawrence Van Windows
http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/sh...h=30587::21889
Caped Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:59 PM   #3

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryakajohn View Post
After being a 3 year Roadtrek 170 owner we decided to go with something slightly larger with a better sleeping floorplan. I found a 98 American Cruiser with 20k original miles that came to New England in 2010 from California. The under carriage and mechanicals are outstanding and I bought it pretty well, 12k.
Now the bad, it looks like it was ridden hard by the first owner then stored in a barn for 4 years.
I think I got all of the mouse nests out, tore out the carpeting and have a lot of the interior currently removed.
My issue is that the windows are on about a 10 degree slant in and all leak to some degree, (good thing it was stored inside, so the water damage is not too bad). I've cleared the weep holes below the sliders and it doesn't seem to be coming from the window frame seal but through the wiper and slider seals.
Does anyone have any experience with this or where I can get either replacement windows or seals? They are unique windows so would like to hear from other AC owners if you have overcome window leaks.
Thanks, Harry
Still in my
RT170
I am in the exact same situation. Bought a 1999 that has 48k original miles from the original owner. For $7k That also runs great. Drove it back 3 hrs home. Got caught in a very bad storm and water just started running in. I believe its coming from those same windows. Cause you can see someone did a hack job with silicon. My question is. Did you find replacement parts and if so from where? Thanks in advance.
quazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:11 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quazy View Post
I am in the exact same situation. Bought a 1999 that has 48k original miles from the original owner. For $7k That also runs great. Drove it back 3 hrs home. Got caught in a very bad storm and water just started running in. I believe its coming from those same windows. Cause you can see someone did a hack job with silicon. My question is. Did you find replacement parts and if so from where? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum quazy!

Hope you both find a solution to your water leaks.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:40 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Lots of Roadtrek replacement parts including complete windows and Lexan panes. Scroll through for windows.

https://www.mobiliferv.ca/rv-parts/roadtrek/?page=1