Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2016, 05:40 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Roadside Assistance Plans

Our RT came with a 1 year Coach-Net plan. It will have to be renewed in the near future so I am wondering what other Class-B owners use, if any. Is the MB assistance all that is needed?

Thanks,
Pat
MobileCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:56 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I have CAA, the Canadian version of AAA. They cover the B all over North America.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:29 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Most in the RV field say Coach-Net is the best. I have them, never had to use them.

I doubt that MB's assistance would offer the same service.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:37 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Roadtrek now has its own RA plan... supposedly hired lots of the CoachNet people when it sort of imploded or got bought up or something last year. (FMCA dropped it at the same time) You don't have to own a Roadtrek to join it. I find it funny that it is called "Roadtrekking RV Roadside Assistance" but there are no photos showing an actual Roadtrek on the website or even a B:

Welcome to Roadtreking RV Roadside Assistance

I never had to call on Coachnet in the three years that I had it, but I used my Good Sam a couple times with my first RV.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:37 PM   #5
Site Team

I started with Good Sam. Dropped them like a hot potato because of their then-over-the-top sales practices (since toned down, I'm told). Then went to Allstate Motor Club (same provider as GS and used to be cheaper). Eventually got uncomfortable over an ambiguity about whether or not they were promising to pay for a tow to an actual Mercedes dealer. I could never get a straight answer from them, so I decided to pay a few more bucks and move to Coach-Net, which as obgraham says, has an impeccable reputation.

Never actually used any of them.

BTW: many of these plans covers ALL you vehicles, which permits you to drop AAA (IMO a very good thing for more reasons than one).
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:39 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
supposedly hired lots of the CoachNet people when it sort of imploded or got bought up or something last year.
Haven't heard about a change at CoachNet. Do I care?
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:25 AM   #7
Platinum Member

My Airstream came with two years of Coach-Net and I have renewed it. I used it once for an inner dual flat in the Arkansas countryside during a road trip. I have also used Mercedes Roadside for a dealer's botched fuel filter service in urban Baltimore area. The Mercedes coverage is tied to the warranty period unless you pay for extended coverage.

I also once had AARP Roadside from Allstate. I used it once for my Prius when the main battery died. They were the worst as I had to call them about three times to get a tow. Lesson learned from three roadside assists is has a LOT of patience as it can take a long time to get help.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:38 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Thank you for the input. I was almost ready to renew but will look into the Roadtreking and what happened at Coachnet.
MobileCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:27 AM   #9

Quote:
Roadtrek now has its own RA plan... supposedly hired lots of the CoachNet people when it sort of imploded or got bought up or something last year. (FMCA dropped it at the same time) You don't have to own a Roadtrek to join it. I find it funny that it is called "Roadtrekking RV Roadside Assistance" but there are no photos showing an actual Roadtrek on the website or even a B:

Welcome to Roadtreking RV Roadside Assistance
This doesn't look like it is actually affiliated with Roadtrek International. Where did you get your background info about Coachnet, etc?
Old 01-06-2016, 05:28 PM   #10
Platinum Member

As far as I can tell Roadtreking RV Roadside Assistance has nothing to do with the Roadtrek RV manufacturer.

If you look at the very bottom of the Roadtreking RV Roadside Assistance "About" web page you will se it is administered by Saferide Motor Club.
SafeRide Motor Club

They are based in Texas and a brand of Vehicle Administrative Services, Ltd.
VAS

All the various Roadside Assistance organizations are backed by a few big players.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #11
Platinum Member

It was introduced on the Roadtrekking Facebook page by Jim Hammill. He presented it as their baby and all new purchasers since last summer get two years free. The membership cards were sent from the factory. He claimed that the staff were all from Coachnet... which had some sort of shake-up that he didn't elaborate on (likely a good decision on his part). I had had Coach-net through FMCA and had been given notice from FMCA that they too were forming their own.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 01-07-2016, 02:48 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
It was introduced on the Roadtrekking Facebook page by Jim Hammill. He presented it as their baby and all new purchasers since last summer get two years free. The membership cards were sent from the factory. He claimed that the staff were all from Coachnet... which had some sort of shake-up that he didn't elaborate on (likely a good decision on his part). I had had Coach-net through FMCA and had been given notice from FMCA that they too were forming their own.
Yes I understand that Roadtrek is now offering this new coverage in place of Coach-Net, which they offered in the past. I just meant that it's not run by Roadtrek; rather by one of the big roadside assistance companies.

This deal is like AARP Roadside Assistance, which is provided by Allstate. Coach-Net is actually run by the National Motor Club Holdings, Inc. Good Sam Roadside Assitance is provided by Affinity Road & Travel Club, LLC and Americas Road & Travel Club, Inc.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:26 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I just meant that it's not run by Roadtrek; rather by one of the big roadside assistance companies.
That is a good thing. They are having enough trouble keeping up with the manufacturing. It took me a few months to get my card. I had to call and get the number from them... and the promise that the card would arrive... eventually. (it did)
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme