Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #1

Default Roadtrek 04 sewage dumping problems

New owner of a 2004 Roadtrek 190 Popular and am having problems with the dumping system. I need four hands to manage this job. My biggest problem was getting the cap back on the hose and pushing it into the tube holder until I tore the cap off and put it away. Pushed the hose in and closed the cover down and stuck the cotter pin in the hole. This holds the hose in and it does not fall out on the road, nor have I had any leaking from the tanks into the hose between dumping periods. At the dump station, I settle the hose into the dump pipe and pull the handles to flush the tanks.

My question is this: is there any consequence to leaving the cap off the end of the hose permanently? Since it doesn't leak, is there any reason for having it on when it's nearly impossible to push it back into the tube, close the cover and insert the cotter pin while I'm standing on my head to see? I'm too old for this stress! Thanks. (I'm not interested in installing a macerator pump as I simply raise and lower the hose to empty the last liquid out of it.)

Appreciate any input on this system.
CamperAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Roadtrek 04 sewage dumping problems

An RV Sewer Cap with Hose Connection would allow you to cap it and let you stow it.

You might have to trim the tabs off.

Leave the hose connection cap off while stowing the sewer hose. That will allow the air to escape. Then put the hose connection cap back on to seal it up.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Re: Roadtrek 04 sewage dumping problems

Oh how you can bring back the nightmares of dumping!!! The very first time we used it, we had problems, one such as yours in our RT190P, then getting the black pipe to hold up. To make matters worse, it was cold and raining like crazy; a fellow Trekker came by (oh yeah with his '04) laughed and said you better get used to frustrations....and drove off. Next time we were at a dump that was higher than our pipe, dah!!!
I applaude your patience, but it really gets trying at times. Yeah, I went to the macerator - never looked back. Your chassis is really a neat set-up for mounting one, but that is what I resorted to. Ron J.