Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2022, 12:39 AM   #1
Silver Member

Default Roadtrek 2006 210 P Propane Question

I have an 06C210P anyone ever have any issue with the propane monitor, the 4 led lights? Before I filled my tank it read 3/4 of a tank inside but the gauge on the tank was almost on empty. Filled it up and all lights lit showing full but now, couple weeks out, lights still show full tank gauge at 1/2? Any ideas would be appreciated.
topwop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 04:48 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I don't have an interior gauge, just the one on the tank.

when I was newer, i was shocked at how little propane was actually used...I don;t think I've ever used more than a 1/2 tank during one of our typical month long summer trips.

a little hot water for the dishes, fridge when we are off shore power ( about 1/3) and a maybe 30 ~40 minutes of burner time a day

there is a hot water trick to checking level without a gauge:

https://www.thekitchn.com/grilling-t...f-water-176349
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 04:53 AM   #3
Platinum Member

If I'm reading you correctly, you have a circular mechanical guage on the tank itself and an inside monitor? The propane tech filling the tank would watch the mechanical guage plus monitor a bleed valve to insure that the tank is not overfull. You are supposed to fill to 80% only on my tank, by the way.

Personally I would trust the mechanical/bleed fill more than a LED light display. And I'd probably go with that, checking the mechanical for depletion on a trip. It is possible for the mechanical to malfunction and need replacement. But I'd suspect the other display first. Just my thinking.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:43 PM   #4
Silver Member

You are correct but the circular gauge on the tank is kind of hard to see with these old eyes . The thing is last year it was working fine then this year something happened I just don't know what.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:46 PM   #5
Silver Member

Hard to check with the water when the tank is mounted underneath and behind the rear bumper. Also we do a lot of boondocking so I would probably use more propane than you but thanks for trying to help.
Old 08-13-2022, 01:41 AM   #6
Gold Member

I used to rely on my mechanical gage on my 02C210V but lately it has become flakey and therefore worthless. I am going to replace it. I think it is this one.

https://www.campervan-hq.com/product...0%7C%20%247.99
GroupB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 11:46 AM   #7
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupB View Post
I used to rely on my mechanical gage on my 02C210V but lately it has become flakey and therefore worthless. I am going to replace it. I think it is this one.

https://www.campervan-hq.com/product...0%7C%20%247.99
As I mentioned earlier my mechanical gauge works fine it's just a little hard to see because of location therefore the "idiot lights" on the inside would be really helpful if working properly. Thanks for the info though.
Old 08-13-2022, 12:59 PM   #8
Platinum Member

I had an issue with my in-house gauge sometimes giving different readings whenever pressing the level button. Sometimes displaying an Open circuit warning. While replacing the mechanical on-tank gauge I noticed that I had a badly corroded ground wire that was connected to the frame. Gauge works fine now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Popane gauge broken wire.jpg (14.3 KB, 41 views)
DaveBad is offline   Reply With Quote