Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2021, 03:20 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Roadtrek 210 City Water Valve replacement???

The handle broke off my City Water Valve and I need to replace it but I can see how I would begin to replace the valve. My Roadtrek is a 2006 210V.

Could someone help me get started. I can't see a way to unscrew the parts since it appears there ate two parts that go into the plastic housing.

Here is my picture.

Swishewk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:20 PM   #2
Bronze Member

https://imgur.com/2R8x83y
Swishewk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:24 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Good move including a picture. A picture being worth a thousand words and all.

I'm not a plumber, but find one to clean up that mess of connections up for you and install a new valve.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 02:44 PM   #4
Platinum Member

My 2007 210P has a similar arrangement but is much "cleaner" and that makes me wonder if some previous owner might have altered your plumbing a bit. The original valve was brass and inline with a pot metal like handle. It never has worked well since new. The handle is dainty and destined to break or strip. The valve is stamped "Made in Italy".

I have wanted to replace it for years but can't figure out exactly how to do so without taking the whole thing apart. I hope you get some thoughts on the forum from others because I would like to hear some ideas. Bs are tough to work on compared to Cs because of the compact, tight everything. We bought our 2007 new and I consider this valve arrangement to be the worst designed thing I have found on our Roadtrek in all those years, simply because it was not designed to easily allow replacement.

It is not a big problem for us because we always fill the tanks from the doors anyway and never use the municipal source hookup directly.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:30 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Simplify and get rid of all the dissimilar metals.
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:05 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Do yourself a favor and stop using the city water hookup. So many horror stories, flooding, bursting pipes, etc. What a waste IMO. Simply fill your holding tank, takes about 3-5 minutes, keeps the water fresh, easier to hookup and unhook for trips into town etc. Please don't give me the "I don't want to wear out my pump" blasting. Pumps are made to do their job for years and years.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roadtrek 210 versitle