Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2020, 10:36 AM   #1
Silver Member

Default Roadtrek 210 Cracks on Side door running board step

I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with Roadtrek 210s. The running board on the side door has a crack on the fiberglass left side of the step. It appears that the far left side of the step has no real support. The crack expands if you step on the far left side. Has anyone found a solution?
Diver007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:12 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver007 View Post
I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with Roadtrek 210s. The running board on the side door has a crack on the fiberglass left side of the step. It appears that the far left side of the step has no real support. The crack expands if you step on the far left side. Has anyone found a solution?
Welcome to the forum Diver007!

I know there have been other posts about cracked fiberglass skirts and steps but hard to find them in a search. I'm sure someone will be along with suggestions.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #3
Platinum Member

My 2005 RT 210 has a crack on the step and one above the door. I drilled a small hole at the end of the cracks and smeared some clear RTV sealer over them. The hole stops the crack from getting larger and the sealer is almost invisible.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
Silver Member

Default Running Board fiberglass cracks

It appears that the metal step underneath the fiberglass which supports the weight has a bolted hanger. Seems like tightening it may eliminate the flexure.
I have no idea as to how much torque it might take. Has anyone ever tried it?
>
Old 11-26-2020, 10:09 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Years ago I noticed the metal support under the side step was too low. I just raised it by tightening the nut on the threaded rod that holds the support.
Roadtreker357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:08 PM   #6
Silver Member

Thanks that helps. I am a bit concerned as to how much torque to put on it. How did you determine how much on each side>
Old 11-27-2020, 01:27 AM   #7
Platinum Member

It has been too long for me to remember specifics concerning raising the step support bar. But, as I sort of recall, the nut turned ok and I just kept tightening until the metal support bar contacted the bottom side of the step. At the end of the adjustment, there was no flex in the step when going in an out. I might take a look again tomorror to see if there has been any change over the years.
Roadtreker357 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cracks, fiberglass, step