Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2021, 01:08 PM   #21

We bought our 2017 RoadTrek 210 Popular brand new. It surprised me the shocks went that fast, but with all the weight it carries, I should not have been surprised.
Good luck to you. We love our Roadtrek. Too bad the CEO and upper management had to go screw it all up.
Determined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:12 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Here are the tire dimensions that I found for the tires in question on Tire Rack. 245-75-16 load range E

Bridgstone 265 Diameter 30.5" Cross section 9.5" Tread width 7.3"

Michelin LTXA/T2 Diameter 30.5" Cross section 9.8" Tread width 7.7"

Michelin Xclimate Diameter 30.5" Cross section 9.8" Tread width 7.4"

For comparison this is for our Agilis Cross Climate 265-75-16

Diameter 31.6" Cross section 10.7" Tread width 7.9"

The LTXs are a bit wider at the tread than the Bridgestones, but it is only a bit over 1/8" at the inside corner. Ours are even wider at the tread.

All are the same diameter so the rear rub on the back of the wheelwell shouldn't happen unless it is also on the corner of the tread where the wheelwell may start to curve in or may be loose. We would the 5/8" closer to the rear of the back wheelwell.

If these are the LTX tires you had, and not the Agilis LTX they would be a bit closer, but really shouldn't have it, I think. The Agilis LTX would have had narrower than the LTX AT2 shown at 7.2" tread width.

Most are going the Crossclimates to get the better all weather properties, I think.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:40 PM   #23

It was the straight 245 75R 16 LTX M/S. The tire cover for the spare on the back door would not fit around it. It seemed they were wider and squarer than the bridgestone. When the wheel was almost all the way turned I could not fit my finger in between the frame and tire. When it was all the way turned it rubbed.
After I reinstalled the Bridgestone, I could fit my whole hand in there. That's how much of a difference there was
Determined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:47 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined View Post
It was the straight 245 75R 16 LTX M/S. The tire cover for the spare on the back door would not fit around it. It seemed they were wider and squarer than the bridgestone. When the wheel was almost all the way turned I could not fit my finger in between the frame and tire. When it was all the way turned it rubbed.
After I reinstalled the Bridgestone, I could fit my whole hand in there. That's how much of a difference there was
That is very interesting indeed, as the old LTX M/S and next generation LTX MS2 were the go to tires for many years on many of our vans. Ours were the MS2 version in the larger 265-75-16 size. Having the tire cover not fit is something that I have never heard of unless the size is changed.

Do you have the factory steel wheels on it with center caps and maybe chrome wheelskins or the aluminum version? Or maybe something else. A picture of the wheel may give a clue if you have time.

I can't even find the LTX M/S available in a load range E tire anymore. I wonder if they were very old, or they were some other model.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 11:50 PM   #25
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined View Post
I own a 2017 RoadTrek Popular 210 built on a Chey 3500 chassis.

While the Michelin LTX M/S seem to provide a better ride. We found a BIG Problem with them.
The Michelin were the EXACT size as the original Bridgestone, BUT they are VERY Different. The difference is the way they are made.
THEY are bigger and wider which causes them to RUB on the back inside of the wheel well against the truck frame when the wheel is turned. The rear tires also rub against the back of the wheel well plastic.

We had to change the tires back and what a difference in the room. I did not want the tire to blow unexpectedly.

I never ran into that situation before, but was told by a truck Mechanic that it happens a lot.
I checked with Michelin and there is an issue with the Defender LTX yet the LTX A/T2 is a bit smaller. A bit confusing to have two models both LTX. Could it be you had the Defender LTX?
Diver007 is offline   Reply With Quote