Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-24-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 19
Default Roadtrek 210P Water Stains

We have a 2009 210P and have/had an issue with a water or some kinda liquid stain. Here's a little history.

1. New van to us and no known water issues, and was clean when we picked it up.
2. Had some work done on it where they replaced the vent in the bathroom.
3. Picked up the van late at night and didn't really see any stains or what not but then again was later at night.
4. Ran the heat pump for good amount of time during evening as a test.
5. Noticed stains next day and may have been there beforehand since we picked up later in the evening.
6. Mentioned all the above to service at dealer and asked that he check the ac/funrntace drain. To which he responded that it drains onto the roof...sounds plausible.
7. I wasn't that happy w response especially since it happened during our 60 day trial. Got referred to service manager and was told that sometimes the stains appear after awhile if it has been sitting and had previous water damage. Also said that another dealer or the owner may have treated it which could very well be an after effect.

Both 6 & 7 sound plausible to me since this is a new one but envision something similar happening in a home....wait for it...wait...here are my questions.

Are their explanations reasonable? How so/why?

What would you use to remove water stains?

Any recommendations otherwise or sage advice?

Here are the photos, not spam promise....just a Google share from my drive.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ueKbnYcYZbAGVnFw6
__________________

stevanpierce@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 07:23 PM   #2
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 13
Default

For stains, I use Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover and follow the directions.

The 2 drain holes at the rear of the AC pan may be clogged possibly allowing condensation to run into the ceiling of the vehicle, below the front of the AC, and migrate to where it can escape the easiest. Otherwise it drips onto the area behind the AC and runs out the back above the rear doors.


Here is a pic (2008 210V) of the AC cavity with AC removed. At the rear are 2 pads (black) where hold-down brackets are screwed into the fiberglass. Other penetrations are seen above. I would inspect for missing/cracked sealant and any other issues that would allow water to penetrate into the coach. The screws for the 2 AC cover panels can be ornery and the panels are somewhat fragile.

Also, the 2 outboard marker lights above the rear doors that could be leaking rain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HQcpxIlnTeCj5cpQav53tg.jpg (170.0 KB, 28 views)
__________________

GroupB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 08:16 PM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupB View Post
For stains, I use Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover and follow the directions.

The 2 drain holes at the rear of the AC pan may be clogged possibly allowing condensation to run into the ceiling of the vehicle, below the front of the AC, and migrate to where it can escape the easiest. Otherwise it drips onto the area behind the AC and runs out the back above the rear doors.


Here is a pic (2008 210V) of the AC cavity with AC removed. At the rear are 2 pads (black) where hold-down brackets are screwed into the fiberglass. Other penetrations are seen above. I would inspect for missing/cracked sealant and any other issues that would allow water to penetrate into the coach. The screws for the 2 AC cover panels can be ornery and the panels are somewhat fragile.

Also, the 2 outboard marker lights above the rear doors that could be leaking rain.
Wow, thank you for detailed response with pics. I will pass this along to the service people since they are going to take care of this for me.

Happy holidays!
stevanpierce@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 10:58 PM   #4
Platinum Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 210
Default

I had some water stains under the A/C when I got my RT 190P from my mother. She always parked it nose down, and someone suggested that could account for poor drainage. Whatever the cause, itís been dry in the 15 months Iíve had it, parked level or slightly nose up.

Clean-up... Use a good upholstery cleaner. Go gently and be patient. Dab, donít rub. Rinse the cloth often. Press with a dry towel and let it dry thoroughly. Repeat several times.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #5
Platinum Member
 
rowiebowie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupB View Post
For stains, I use Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover and follow the directions.

The 2 drain holes at the rear of the AC pan may be clogged possibly allowing condensation to run into the ceiling of the vehicle, below the front of the AC, and migrate to where it can escape the easiest. Otherwise it drips onto the area behind the AC and runs out the back above the rear doors.


Here is a pic (2008 210V) of the AC cavity with AC removed. At the rear are 2 pads (black) where hold-down brackets are screwed into the fiberglass. Other penetrations are seen above. I would inspect for missing/cracked sealant and any other issues that would allow water to penetrate into the coach. The screws for the 2 AC cover panels can be ornery and the panels are somewhat fragile.

Also, the 2 outboard marker lights above the rear doors that could be leaking rain.

The fiberglass roofed Chevy vans sure look strange with the A/C roof caps off. Here's what my Avenue looks like that uses a standard rv roof mounted A/C (low profile model required). I call it my "boat hull".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8271.JPG (290.2 KB, 17 views)
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:34 PM   #6
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: WA
Posts: 28
Default

I don't know the peculiarities of the 210, but I can tell you our 200 drips onto the bed if parked too steeply nose down. It should drain correctly if leveled for the fridge or nose up.

The stains above the windows could be caused by the windows leaking between the body and the window frame. It's what they do, unfortunately.

Bill
rtbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 07:28 PM   #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbill View Post
I don't know the peculiarities of the 210, but I can tell you our 200 drips onto the bed if parked too steeply nose down. It should drain correctly if leveled for the fridge or nose up.

The stains above the windows could be caused by the windows leaking between the body and the window frame. It's what they do, unfortunately.

Bill
What's interesting is that I noticed them shortly after running the furnace for extended period of time. Did so to see if it had issues prior to the 60 day dealer warranty expiring to get it covered without having to spend $ on a warranty call.

I've passed along notes from everyone in the forum to the dealer and appreciate responses.
stevanpierce@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 02:37 AM   #8
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona, Tempe
Posts: 710
Default

The Roadtreks used a wall mount air conditioner. For Roadtrek patent reasons the Avenue could not, nor could Pleasureway. When the 25 year patent life was up Pleasureway started using the wall mount Dometic Cool Cat in their domestic van RVs.

Sprinter based RVs cannot use the wall mount as MB won’t permit the roof cut out due to unibody non chassis contruction.

At least that is my understanding. This has nothing to do with water leaks, just an FYI.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 02:37 PM   #9
Platinum Member
 
rowiebowie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
The Roadtreks used a wall mount air conditioner. For Roadtrek patent reasons the Avenue could not, nor could Pleasureway. When the 25 year patent life was up Pleasureway started using the wall mount Dometic Cool Cat in their domestic van RVs.

Sprinter based RVs cannot use the wall mount as MB won’t permit the roof cut out due to unibody non chassis contruction.

At least that is my understanding. This has nothing to do with water leaks, just an FYI.
I'm glad my Avenue did not use the "wall mount" a/c. Did not know it could have had anything to do with a patent. Interesting.

Again off subject, but the three holes in front of the Avenue a/c mount are drain holes for water if parked slightly nose down. I've not had any leaks, even in heavy rain when level. But I always avoid significant nose down parking as I don't want to put the drains to any significant stress testing.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:24 AM   #10
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 19
Default

I actually found another post in this forum and a other outside of the forum for similar issue, see below.

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...unit-1859.html

https://www.justanswer.com/rv-motorh...unit-just.html
__________________

stevanpierce@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×