Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2019, 08:08 PM   #1
Gold Member

Default Roadtrek Agile SS vs RT Zion

Is major difference between Agile SS and Zion SRT the chassis? I think Zion has bigger fridge. But are there important differences giving one the edge? Sprinters are pricier But is it worth extra $? Chassis just personal preference?
Old 02-10-2019, 12:41 AM   #2
Platinum Member

There is a HUGE difference. Sprinter vs Promaster. Diesel vs gas. Rear wheel drive vs front wheel drive.

I chose the front wheel drive, gas Promaster because I love the way the front wheel drive handles and strongly prefer gas over diesel.

Add the big fridge and price difference... and it is a no brainer. LOL

But it is definitely a matter of taste.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:19 PM   #3
Platinum Member

The major difference is the chassis. We looked t both and chose the Agile because at 6 feet tall I hated the driving position of the Promaster chassis. After 45 mins of adjusting everything I didn’t like it. Like trying to drive while sitting on a bar stool. However other people my size love it so it’s just something to check out.

We love our Sprinter but if I could choose a van I would get a Ford Transit ecoboost has engine. I am concerned about the long term diesel costs but so far it’s been great. Really smooth and very very nice to drive. Our next van would most likely be custom on a Ford transit gas.
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #4
Bronze Member

I recommend driving each one to see how you like the road feel. We have a 2015 Sprinter and enjoy the MB chassis.

No doubt you know that Roadtrek is currently closed and in receivership, so you should get a super deal, plus a discount for the Roadtrek portion of the warranty.
OregonTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:05 PM   #5

Default Zion vs agile

I have a Zion srt . Did a ton of research somewhere in this tread from 2 years ago. A woman did a great comparison about the cost differences and environmental impact. The Zion is hands down the winner and I am glad of my choice. I love and the way it drives.
Cokkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agile, compare, price, zion