Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #141
Gold Member

Nothing was said about it specifically. The impression I got was that they were going to start with the Bs, and then possibly move on to As/Cs if it went well. That may be where Spartan fits in.
thefitrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:30 PM   #142
Platinum Member

Jim Hammill says the info in the interview is not entirely accurate but seems to not really want to clarify the inaccuracy...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/road...6523936506590/
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #143

I guess Hymer forgot to read the press release.
mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:49 PM   #144
Platinum Member

Jim Hammill added some more info, click on the link to see...
Old 12-04-2015, 10:49 PM   #145
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Jim Hammill says the info in the interview is not entirely accurate but seems to not really want to clarify the inaccuracy...

The latest from him is:

"What does the press release say? It says an engineering cooperation agreement. Engineering and manufacturing are two different things. The two organizations are in the process of feeling out the opportunities and we will see. It's an exciting time and we will see how it goes as we share information. The interview in the video was done by Winnebago marketing folks btw."

Hey, FitRV - is he referring to you??

Sounds like RT and Hymer need to get their messaging straight. They should have anticipated that question and had an answer beforehand. Press releases always invite more questions.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:53 PM   #146
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
The latest from him is:

"What does the press release say? It says an engineering cooperation agreement. Engineering and manufacturing are two different things. The two organizations are in the process of feeling out the opportunities and we will see. It's an exciting time and we will see how it goes as we share information. The interview in the video was done by Winnebago marketing folks btw."

Hey, FitRV - is he referring to you??
What difference does it make who asked the questions? The answers came from a Hymer employee. I expect Jim is very restricted in what he can divulge beyond the info in the original press release.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:55 PM   #147
Platinum Member

What is wrong with Jim Hammill. I can't imagine a CEO of any other company the size of Roadtrek being so unprofessional and even commenting at all on Facebook posts. The tone of his comments is belittling to the whole Roadtrekking group. And to say the video is made by winnebago marketing folks (like they have a hidden agenda) is rediculous. Although the FitRV obviously have a relationship with Winnebago, they have promised to be honest and open minded with all manufacturers, and you can see that in their videos and website posts. Compare that to the propoganda and product placement by Mike Wendland - who laughingly calls himself a reporter.

The reason I would never buy roadtrek, is because of the volatile CEO.

Quote:

eurovanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:58 PM   #148
Gold Member

I suppose he is. I also suppose we're now banned from Roadtrek Facebook groups, too. lol.

I'd hardly call us "Winnebago marketing folks". We're plainly NOT paid by Winnebago, nor are we part of their marketing department. (Although we do know the "Winnebago marketing folks" and they're quite nice.)

What can I say? I asked Hymer some questions and they gave me some answers. That's what you see. If he's implying that I can get Hymer to say what I want - and he can't - then we must be more powerful than I realize.
thefitrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:58 PM   #149
Platinum Member

At least it looks like Hammil hasn't lost his caustic edge

Wouldn't you think that his first call should be to Hymer, to work out a unified statement, rather than doing his own thing on social media? Not the way to start a relationship, IMO.

I sure do hope Hymer is able to add some professionalism to Roadtrek message.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:25 PM   #150
Site Team

I suspect that Hammil took umbrage at the term "contract manufacturing".
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:40 PM   #151
Platinum Member

Quote:
I expect Jim is very restricted in what he can divulge beyond the info in the original press release.
Absolutely! Which is why he should have phrased it in an upbeat positive way like "we are really excited to be cooperating with Hymer on their new RV for the US, we're still working things out, more to come!" He didn't have to write any more than that.

Really good marketing people really do know how to release news. In addition to press releases, they go over how to handle the inevitable questions in public and to your employees. He must have missed the meeting.

For all the back and forth on this forum about RT, Eco-Trek, etc. I really like RTs. I do think they will figure it out. I can wait. They don't have my layout (yet) but I do think they make a really nice RV. They have the things I want including compressor fridges, robust house bank, solar options.

But listening to JH, I just don't know. It has come to not just "watch him get his foot in his mouth", but "watch him get the other one in there, too".
Old 12-04-2015, 11:41 PM   #152
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Pleasure-way for sure, our local dealer had to drop them to get Roadtrek. Leisure, Great West, and Midwest were allowed to stay. Can't say about others. It is also possible folks like Winnebago and Airstream would be out, either from their own rules or Roadtreks.

It will be interesting to see what kinds of dealers Hymer shows up in.
Colonial in New Jersey sells Airstream, Winnebago and Roadtrek B-vans.

On edit I see this was already mentioned. This has become a hot thread indeed.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:55 PM   #153
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
I suspect that Hammil took umbrage at the term "contract manufacturing".
Probably an accurate interpretation of his reaction, even though that is what it actually is.

If it was a Roadtrek product, with minor tweaks, with a Hymer name on it, then it would be a "private label".
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:16 AM   #154
Platinum Member

Just goes to show you James, no good deed goes unpunished!

I guess JH expects anyone who even mention a RT product can't just discuss it, but you have to be a rabid, foaming at the mouth, kool-aid guzzling fan-boy about it. Stepford Wives would come up a bit lacking in his neighborhood!

LOL.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:19 AM   #155
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Just goes to show you James, no good deed goes unpunished!

I guess JH expects anyone who even mention a RT product can't just discuss it, but you have to be a rabid, foaming at the mouth, kool-aid guzzling fan-boy about it. Stepford Wives would come up a bit lacking in his neighborhood!

LOL.
Ha, now that's funny!

Just wait till James and Stef get their new Hymer!
sheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:33 AM   #156
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheral View Post
Ha, now that's funny!

Just wait till James and Stef get their new Hymer!
I think they can forget about an insider style corporate discount now.

If I was running Hymer or Roadtrek, I'd at least have sent them a fruit basket for the nice, free positive marketing that was provided. But what do I know?
Old 12-05-2015, 12:57 AM   #157
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
If I was running Hymer or Roadtrek, I'd at least have sent them a fruit basket for the nice, free positive marketing that was provided. But what do I know?
Good point!!!! I was thinking "Great for Hymer! Great for Roadtrek!" Then JH stuck a pin in the balloon
Old 12-05-2015, 01:33 AM   #158
Platinum Member

Well, good ole Campskunk has added his wisdom to the post. They really don't get it that FitRV is not working for Winnebago...

Old 12-05-2015, 01:40 AM   #159
Platinum Member

Those of us who are blocked can't see what that fool has posted.

Of course they don't "get it". Nobody does anything for RT without getting paid.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:46 AM   #160
Platinum Member

Here you go. I have been blocked too but my alter ego has a Facebook account that is not blocked...

Like · 1 · 9 hrs
Jim Hammill
Jim Hammill Maybe not an entirely accurate interview. Read the press release.
Like · 1 · 3 hrs
Cliff Shisler
Cliff Shisler Will roadtrek be building the new hymer van?
Like · 3 hrs
Jim Hammill
Jim Hammill What does the press release say? It says an engineering cooperation agreement. Engineering and manufacturing are two different things. The two organizations are in the process of feeling out the opportunities and we will see. It's an exciting time and we will see how it goes as we share information. The interview in the video was done by Winnebago marketing folks btw.
Like · 1 · 2 hrs
Cliff Shisler
Cliff Shisler The press release says new models will be available the beginning of 2016 in the United States where will those vehicles be built?
Like · 2 hrs
RT Campskunk
RT Campskunk patience - the truth is still putting on its pants. meanwhile, all the wishful thinkers are projecting onto the situation what they want to see. the final agreement will be announced when it's announced. if i were winnebago, i would pay those people to boondock out in the middle of the national forest indefinitely, far from any video cameras.
Like · 16 mins · Edited
Mary Zuschlag
Mary Zuschlag No it is a buy out!......................... Huge wink or maybe Santa is coming, thanks RT just what I wanted.
Like · 1 · 13 mins
RT Campskunk
RT Campskunk yeah, i've been listening to the same people predict the imminent demise of RT and a buy-out, hostile takeover, Jim Hammill's head on a platter, etc. for the last five years. they're like Charlie Brown waiting for the Great Pumpkin to appear.
Like · 1 · 9 mins
Ron Merritt
Ron Merritt Somebody should send James & Stef a fruit basket for their kind and generous free positive PR.