Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2015, 01:51 AM   #161
Platinum Member

I think it is very interesting when Roadtrek and all their paid shills (and fan girls) complain about Winnebago shills. Something kind of disingenuous about that.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:54 AM   #162
Platinum Member

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Or if you want to get to first source:

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4 (King James version)
Old 12-05-2015, 02:06 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I think it is very interesting when Roadtrek and all their paid shills (and fan girls) complain about Winnebago shills. Something kind of disingenuous about that.
projection in psychological lingo.
sunwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:07 AM   #164
Platinum Member

Maybe the RT shills are the smart ones - they're getting paid!
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:15 AM   #165
Platinum Member

You boys are just jealous that you don't have a prototype Roadtrek to tool around the country in...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:42 AM   #166
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
You boys are just jealous that you don't have a prototype Roadtrek to tool around the country in...
Yeah, there is that!

Of course some would say there are a lot of Roadtrek customers that are tooling around the country (when the actually work) in prototypes.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:46 AM   #167
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yeah, there is that!

Of course some would say there are a lot of Roadtrek customers that are tooling around the country (when the actually work) in prototypes.
But those unfortunate souls had to pay street price and don't get priority treatment from the factory....
Old 12-05-2015, 03:05 AM   #168
Platinum Member

...and then got banned at Roadtrekking for not being a cheerleader and posting facts about the new systems. LOL
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #169
Platinum Member

I agree with BobB, I have nothing "against" Roadtrek, and was anxiously awaiting their Promaster models. Though they haven't come up with a floorplan that suits me yet (Hymer is getting close), every post I read from Jim H and Campskunk makes me that much more Leary of dealing with their company. It's really irritating to me how they put out a somewhat vague press release, and then ridicule anyone who tries to speculate or find out a little more information..

Whats with all the high school negativity?
And why take it out on customers/readers, and interviewers?
If it is just a competitive Winnebago hatred thing, fine. Find something to bitch about about Winnebago.

It kind of seems like a dog that's viciously barking at a bird through the window, tearing up the furniture, while the thief is walking off with the TV...
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #170
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottbaldassari View Post
I agree with BobB, I have nothing "against" Roadtrek, and was anxiously awaiting their Promaster models. Though they haven't come up with a floorplan that suits me yet (Hymer is getting close), every post I read from Jim H and Campskunk makes me that much more Leary of dealing with their company. It's really irritating to me how they put out a somewhat vague press release, and then ridicule anyone who tries to speculate or find out a little more information..

If it is just a competitive Winnebago hatred thing, fine. Find something to bitch about about Winnebago.

It kind of seems like a dog that's viciously barking at a bird through the window, tearing up the furniture, while the thief is walking off with the TV...
Couldn't have said it better myself. All their problems would be solved by honesty. They could turn it all around in a week if they really wanted.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #171
Platinum Member

Or as someone else pointed out, if you really are not in a position at the moment to say anything beyond what was in the press release then either say nothing or something that doesn't send out the negative vibe.

Campskunk is free to say whatever he wants since he doesn't work for Roadtrek which is his prerogative and his Achilles heal...

Did the Hymer rep say too much at this point? Maybe, but that is her problem, why bring FitRV into the discussion?
Old 12-05-2015, 03:18 PM   #172
Platinum Member

Quote:
.........since he doesn't work for Roadtrek ......
He doesn't? Boy, I bet everyone would like to get the level of RT service he gets! Bring your RV to the factory (Sept 2015) and get a whole new energy system upgrade? All in secret? He may not be on payroll but quid pro quo still means a very cozy relationship.

Quote:
Did the Hymer rep say too much at this point? Maybe, but that is her problem, why bring FitRV into the discussion?
Because they asked the questions! You know, shoot the messenger and all that.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:18 PM   #173
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottbaldassari View Post

I see you are trying to get Jim to confirm the manufacturing plan, it will be interesting to see if he keeps responding...
Old 12-05-2015, 03:24 PM   #174
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
He doesn't? Boy, I bet everyone would like to get the level of RT service he gets! Bring your RV to the factory (Sept 2015) and get a whole new energy system upgrade? All in secret? He may not be on payroll but quid pro quo still means a very cozy relationship.

Because they asked the questions! You know, shoot the messenger and all that.
Not really much if a secret.

I didn't say he did not have a good financial and support benefit from Roadtrek, just that he is not an employee who would be prevented from commenting on the Hymer deals. He may be getting some $ from Mike out of the money Mike gets from Roadtek to cover the time he spends writing articles and spying on the activities over here on the forum to catch malcontents, weasels, naysayers, etc. and report back to Mike so they can be purged from the temple of Roadreking on Facebook.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:19 PM   #175
Platinum Member

Campskunk has referred to himself as a "technical consultant" to Roadtrek, and I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that all consultants sign non-disclosure agreements, at every company I have ever dealt with, so I can't imagine Roadtrek being different. Really no different than any other employee, IMO, bought and paid for.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:33 PM   #176
Platinum Member

Quote:
Campskunk has referred to himself as a "technical consultant" to Roadtrek, and I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that all consultants sign non-disclosure agreements, at every company I have ever dealt with, so I can't imagine Roadtrek being different. Really no different than any other employee, IMO, bought and paid for.
Well, I guess we both agree that he is bought and paid for, whatever his actual status as a contracted or uncontracted "technical consultant" or whatever his relationship is with Roadtrek.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:44 PM   #177
Gold Member

Okay, so what does this really say about Hymer's research, plans and insight in dealing with RT? While I think they (Hymer) will, in time, bring a lot of valuable product knowledge, competition and likely a superior product to the NA market, do they not anticipate a bumpier ride than they could have chosen? Like my grand-pappy used to say, 'Don't play with the pigs if you don't want pig poop on you.' Well something like that anyway...
sheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:18 AM   #178
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheral View Post
do they not anticipate a bumpier ride than they could have chosen?
I suspect they believe they have expertise at handling "contract manufacturers".
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:02 AM   #179
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheral View Post
Okay, so what does this really say about Hymer's research, plans and insight in dealing with RT? While I think they (Hymer) will, in time, bring a lot of valuable product knowledge, competition and likely a superior product to the NA market, do they not anticipate a bumpier ride than they could have chosen? Like my grand-pappy used to say, 'Don't play with the pigs if you don't want pig poop on you.' Well something like that anyway...
I realize that Roadtrek gets very little respect here for some good reasons with regard to some specific issues but I would suggest that Hymer might be getting a good deal on a North American RV manufacturing facility with experienced RV manufacturing personnel, experienced technical staff, new technology developments, maybe also an established dealer/service network (TBD), all of which would take awhile to develop on their own.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:07 AM   #180
Platinum Member

Quote:
I see you are trying to get Jim to confirm the manufacturing plan, it will be interesting to see if he keeps responding...
Well, they solved the problem in their usual fashion, they simply deleted the whole post with the link to the FitRV Hymer interview...