Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2020, 03:33 PM   #1

Default Roadtrek & Sequoia Table Leg System

For some reason the pedestal on our '99 Roadtrek 190 Popular has become rather wobbly. The problem is in the floor/base, not at the table. (Pedestal in the table "socket" wiggles +/- 1/2"; in floor +/- 2". Behavior is independent of which end of the pedestal is used.)

The Sequoia Table Leg System has a positive locking system for the base. While that's good, it needs to be installed with #10 screws not included with the system. My concern is with drilling holes blind. I can't see the underside of the floor.

Does anyone have any experience with installing this system in a Roadtrek of that vintage?
truckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:07 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Though I do not have any knowledge about the table system you talk about, it seems that the floor mounting has come loose or the floor has rusted out. This would make for a loose socket. You need someone to look under your van at that spot to see if it is solid. Do this and check back with observation of floor condition.
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:27 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. It got me to take some pictures so you can see how Roadtrek made my life interesting. Photos are from inside and below.

From above:

From below:

There is a link in the original message for the table system.

Edit: images placed in Google Drive are not appearing. Maybe now on links.
There appears to be no gas or water tank immediately under the floor. Only installation issue would be avoiding drilling into the support channel wall.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:43 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I was able to see the photos by clicking on their links.
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:58 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Is the floor cup loose? Moving around in the floor like a warred out hole? If so, then you need to pull back the carpet to see what is happening. May can correct with metal strips screwed next to socket to keep from moving.

MLogan
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:08 PM   #6

The cup is not loose. I've cleaned it out with solvent; tried lining it with duct tape; tried wrapping the pedestal with duct tape; squeezing an end of the pedestal in a vise to make it smaller; squeezing the crimps in the pedestal to make it bigger. I've trimmed the carpet along the circumference of the cup. I've tried hammering the pedestal into the cup. Thrown many choice and offensive words at it. Nothing seems to make a difference.

Since I just put it up on RVTrader (still in their review mode as of this writing) I'm not going to throw any more money at the problem. It would be just my luck to try to install something and have it go pear-shaped. (Love that phrase; it's borrowed from the Brits.)
Old 09-17-2020, 09:19 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Sounds like you've tried everything. I was going to suggest shimming, but you've already tried that with my favorite kind of tape.

Hope you get a good price for your rig on RVTrader, and that potential purchasers aren't on this forum .

Pear-shaped is a great expression. One of my favorites is "tango-uniform", even if it's for use in more extreme cases.
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckee View Post
For some reason the pedestal on our '99 Roadtrek 190 Popular has become rather wobbly. The problem is in the floor/base, not at the table. (Pedestal in the table "socket" wiggles +/- 1/2"; in floor +/- 2". Behavior is independent of which end of the pedestal is used.)

The Sequoia Table Leg System has a positive locking system for the base. While that's good, it needs to be installed with #10 screws not included with the system. My concern is with drilling holes blind. I can't see the underside of the floor.

Does anyone have any experience with installing this system in a Roadtrek of that vintage?
Hi Truckee, have you found the problem or solution with your rear wobbly table?
I have a dodge Roadtrek 1997 popular and I'm having the same problem, I ordered a new leg for the table but it's almost worst than the factory leg. I tried putting duct tape but I hate to have to work around a problem without really solving it.
Thanks for your help
Jimmy
lahjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:23 AM   #9

Sorry - I never found a solution and sold the poor thing a year and a half again.

Good luck.

Tags
roadtrek 190 popular, table