Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default roadtrek e-trek and cs adventurous

I have a question of anybody who has a CS adveturous or E-trek. in looking at the videos and pictures it seems that the main heat vent-webasto or Alde-is in the couch kickboard. when the couch is out does this prevent heat ciculation-just wondering-I know that ALDE also hears below floorboards
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: roadtrek e-trek and cs adventurous

Gerry: Alde in mine, and haven't used it yet to keep warm, just for hot water. Pretty slick piece of kit.
There are "convectors" as they are called (old guys like me call them radiators) in several locations, including under the rear bench seats, vented into that space which will be under the bed when it is up. I've seen no way to individually adjust the convectors, but perhaps that's not needed in the small volume of a B. I think the floor is directly heated by a convector, but I'm not sure of that. The Alde thermostat heats to what you select as desired temperature.

The Alde boiler lives in the bottom segment of the pantry cabinet. Plumbing and the automatic freeze-dump device lives under the driver-side bench seat. Both those 2 areas are not available for storage.

The manual for the Alde 3010 is available at Alde website.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #3
Platinum Member

thanks
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:41 PM   #4
Silver Member

I ama waiting delivery of my CS E-trek with Webasto heat. The Alde is a hot water heating system with floor radiant heat in the main floor area that you walk on. There is a wall convector (radiator) in the bathroom, one under the read couch, one alongside the right 2nd passenger step down under the black plastic cover by the sliding door, one behind the driver is a small wooden box that extends out from the fridge and I believe also you may find convectors also in the wheel wells (not sure on that). I can only go with pictures I took of a new unit for sale at the dealer where we ordered from. Extending the couch to a bed should have little affect as the radiation will warm the air. Now on the Webasto units, we have two 3" (or so) insulated ducts that are run under the van body from up under the floor between the driver & passenger seats There is supposed to be a return duct taking back the air FROM the cabin located also at the driver end of the fridge. Since this is a forced warm air system, I see no problem with the couch opened either into a bed. The air will flow/blow forward.

Basically the Alde hot water system has several convection/radiator heat locations AND the floor radiant heat. The Webasto is a warm air system and blows the heat from the back to the front.
bikerbill is offline   Reply With Quote