Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2020, 06:13 AM   #1
Gone Traveling

Default Roadtrek E-Trek XL 4x4 review?

So I have been looking for a review on the rig for a bit today and can't find any. Does anyone on this forum own this rig and could provide a review. If not how about some opinions on the build quality of RoadTrek.
Thanks
ElliottAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:52 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottAugust View Post
So I have been looking for a review on the rig for a bit today and can't find any. Does anyone on this forum own this rig and could provide a review. If not how about some opinions on the build quality of RoadTrek.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum Elliott!

You didn't specify if you are considering a new unit (new Roadtrek) or a used unit (old Roadtrek). Not knowing how much you are familiar with, I'll mention some things to consider.

- The Roadtrek company that built the used units out there went belly up in February '2019. There were many problems with the E-Trek units (especially older ones). In addition, their long-time reputation for quality suffered somewhat towards their end. They no longer exist, so no warranty or support from them is available.

- The new Roadtrek company that builts new units is part of the parent company Westfalia. Not the original Westfalia Europe (which they also revived) but they seem to know how to turn around a business. But to this point, they are completing the previous builds that were in the pipeline and have stated they will introduce new models in the future. The have also announced some limited support for older models sold prior to the old Roadtreck bankruptcy, but I'm not up to date on what they offer.

More information on the model you'd be considering would be helpful. But I'd proceed with caution if considering a used Roadtrek ETrek. That being said, for the right price, might be a good model to consider. The key is price, since the lithium ETrek system is very pricy to repair.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:58 AM   #3
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottAugust View Post
Thanks

You didn't specify if you are considering a new unit (new Roadtrek) or a used unit (old Roadtrek). Not knowing how much you are familiar with, I'll mention some things to consider.

- The Roadtrek company that built the used units out there went belly up in February '2019. There were many problems with the E-Trek units (especially older ones). In addition, their long-time reputation for quality suffered somewhat towards their end. They no longer exist, so no warranty or support from them is available.

- The new Roadtrek company that builts new units is part of the parent company Westfalia. Not the original Westfalia Europe (which they also revived) but they seem to know how to solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ turn around a business. But to this point, they are completing the previous builds that were in the pipeline and have stated they will introduce new models in the future. The have also announced some limited support for older models sold prior to the old Roadtreck bankruptcy, but I'm not up to date on what they offer.

More information on the model you'd be considering would be helpful. But I'd proceed with caution if considering a used Roadtrek ETrek. That being said, for the right price, might be a good model to consider. The key is price, since the lithium ETrek system is very pricy to repair.
ElliottAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:05 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Do you realize your post just pasted what I replied earlier? Except you added a link to an online Solitaire game in the next to last paragraph. Very strange. Hope you are not another bot.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:19 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Do you realize your post just pasted what I replied earlier? Except you added a link to an online Solitaire game in the next to last paragraph. Very strange. Hope you are not another bot.
Odds are high there is no human behind this post. Another thread appeared today (same post, same topic) but this time under the name Felix Arthur.

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...tml#post106725