Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Roadtrek - Factory Spring Break

I received an email from Ron:

Quote:
I have received an E-mail from Peter Lange, Network Administrator, RoadTrek Motorhomes, Inc, as there has been much discussion on some of the forums regarding the current status and future of Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc. I believe the below statement in brief means "rumors of RoadTrek Motorhomes demise are greatly exaggerated".

Ron

Ron & Rose Cabral
New Bedford, MA
2002-Dodge-2002-RT-190 Popular
FMCA: 303873
K1RRC
To all:

Roadtrek is slowing down manufacturing operations for the two weeks of May 26 and June 2, 2008. The reasons for the slowdown are as follows:

1) While Roadtrek retail sales for January to April are down only 2% from last year’s record level (with Chevy based models up 11%!), wholesale shipments to dealers are not as strong. There is difficulty getting some dealers to reorder products to maintain stocking levels due to the credit crunch in the dealer network. We have offered additional interest relief for dealers willing to step up and order more units, and this is helping somewhat.

2) We have a shortage of Chevy Chassis as a result of the American Axle strike.

3) We were extremely efficient in our manufacturing for the first four and a half months of the year. We built 36 vehicles a week, when we averaged thirty last year. Our sales are at roughly the same as last year, and we have about 100 more vehicles in our yard than last year because we were more efficient.

During this period, we will be able to continue to sell products and make deliveries of product. We have a crew able to do your option add-ons and support your dealerships as per normal.

Please feel free to call me or Paul Cassidy VP Sales at the factory if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jim Hammill
President
Roadtrek Motorhomes, Inc
519-745-1169, Ext 1113
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote