Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 02:35 PM   #181
Platinum Member

Default Re: Roadtrek is making a ProMaster model... Zion

That guy must be very tall. I'm 5' 10" and am sitting in my passenger seat (rotated around) and my thigh is pretty much level with the floor. I can't imagine being comfortable with my feet needing to go another 5" to the floor.

Any idea what that bike rack/mount is? I wouldn't mind getting one of those for my van.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:34 PM   #182
Platinum Member

this one was the one from the rv show when roadtrek introduced to dealers. they are making a few changes(idon''t know what).it is being sold as used?
Old 12-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #183
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher
That guy must be very tall. I'm 5' 10" and am sitting in my passenger seat (rotated around) and my thigh is pretty much level with the floor. I can't imagine being comfortable with my feet needing to go another 5" to the floor.

Any idea what that bike rack/mount is? I wouldn't mind getting one of those for my van.

in the build sheet i got that is no longer valid it said thule.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:23 PM   #184
Platinum Member

Looks like it may be this one. But not sure they are really securing it to the floor.

http://www.thule.com/en-us/ca/produc...er-501-_-18344
Old 12-31-2014, 09:00 PM   #185
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Duct tape, anyone?
Old 01-09-2015, 12:57 AM   #186
Platinum Member

ihave the updated zion order form-it is dated 12/14 and dealer insists it is accurate.

Both onan and underhood generator are available. you must get continental kit if you get ONan. they are both listed as options. NOT part of of base MSRP onan 3783- underhoood 3523.

a forward facing power sofa is available as an option.

tv and screens are options

power stepsfor front door is an option.

cabinet color options cherry or ebony

solar panel option.

white is standardcolor. allother colors 585.00dollars.

still says 400 amp agm battery is standard.

base msrp is 86,931

bike carrier is not listed

freight and prep says 2600dollars

no tow capability or tow bar listed but if you get rear tire carrier it must have one?
Old 01-09-2015, 01:54 AM   #187
Bronze Member

I'd be very interested in seeing this order form. Any chance you could post it somewhere? or list the options and prices for us?
It's amazing how poorly all of the B-class manufacturers do keeping their websites up to date. Roadtrek has nothing about the Zion listed yet and they still show 2014 models! Same for the Pleasureway Lexor.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:01 AM   #188
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingCamper
I'd be very interested in seeing this order form. Any chance you could post it somewhere? or list the options and prices for us?
It's amazing how poorly all of the B-class manufacturers do keeping their websites up to date. Roadtrek has nothing about the Zion listed yet and they still show 2014 models! Same for the Pleasureway Lexor.

it was sent it by an e-mail from dealer and don't know how. if MARKO will send me an e-mail address in the pm messages l will forward it to him.

it was a jpeg and it took me awhile t oeven get it large enough to read and then i was able to print it.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #189
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
Quote:

it was sent it by an e-mail from dealer and don't know how. if MARKO will send me an e-mail address in the pm messages l will forward it to him.

it was a jpeg and it took me awhile t oeven get it large enough to read and then i was able to print it.
marko it will SAY Bob Spack(dealerrep) or gerrym-not sure how forwards say. alsovery difficultto open-i ended uphaving toput it in browser box?
Old 01-09-2015, 02:16 PM   #190
Platinum Member

I cropped and enlarged it for viewing. Gerry can confirm that the only text missing is:
Effective Dec 16, 2014 (terms on reverse) Please fax to ###-###-####
and the word: Total (no amount)

Remember, the Zion is slated for production in February 2015. I think it is best to discuss options, details, prices etc. with your dealer. Let them get the specifics direct from Roadtrek. Clarify what 400 AMP battery means if that detail is important to you etc.

I think you can get side twin beds OR forward facing rear sofa on most Roadtrek models when ordered from the factor through a dealer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zion Order Form Dec 16 2014 cropped.jpg (141.2 KB, 872 views)
Old 01-09-2015, 02:27 PM   #191
Gold Member

It's good to see they have more interior cabinetry options. I had serious doubts about the "all white" interior design. Especially since you can see scuff marks showing up on the drawer in the RVIA video. Now I'm wondering how the king bed works. It didn't look like the driver's side twin bed extended all the way across in the video.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:48 PM   #192
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmshih
It's good to see they have more interior cabinetry options. I had serious doubts about the "all white" interior design. Especially since you can see scuff marks showing up on the drawer in the RVIA video. Now I'm wondering how the king bed works. It didn't look like the driver's side twin bed extended all the way across in the video.

the bolsters on the passenger side bed fit in the the gap. the table is used as an underneath platform to holdup the king bed

I had the dealer ask. NO to any zion special orders.(beds etc). only things on options list
Old 01-09-2015, 03:51 PM   #193
Platinum Member

I also have the original build sheet given to dealers at the first meeting . it many ways it is very different
Old 01-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #194
Bronze Member

Does anybody know why the under hood generator (option GU) costs so much? I thought it was basically an additional alternator mounted on a custom bracket. I assumed the cost would be no more than 1/2 of what is listed here. I know that there will be additional wiring and maybe a controller but this is very expensive in my opinion.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #195
Platinum Member

Quote:
Does anybody know why the under hood generator (option GU) costs so much? I thought it was basically an additional alternator mounted on a custom bracket. I assumed the cost would be no more than 1/2 of what is listed here. I know that there will be additional wiring and maybe a controller but this is very expensive in my opinion.
I would agree, unless they have some kind of charge control system on it to protect the batteries, which would make it less unreasonable.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:23 PM   #196
Platinum Member

Quote:

the price is the same for all their 1/2trek packages(not full e-trek).if you price on their site you will see that-usually it includes the 4 6 volt batteries though.( 2 additional 6 volt to make 4) and also the inverter chargeris bigger. the standard inverter/charger is usually 750 watts. the engine generator package gets a bigger inverter/charger(2500 watts). plus 2 extra6 volt batteries

until we get an actual spec page we wil lnot know.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:11 PM   #197
Platinum Member

I wonder if they will be changing the "400amp" battery spec to either AH or their now used elsewhere watts (really watt-hrs). I think that was really a 185AH tppl battery (2220 watt-hrs) based on another discussion.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #198
Platinum Member

as i said i have both the original(dealer meeting)and current build sheets. they are substantially different.

the biggest difference is in the original sheet the 'Underhood engine generator'was standard. No Onan was contemplated. the engine generator package
1/2 trek on other models is 4 6 volt batteries/280 amp alternator and large inverter/charger 2500 watts.

Now this new build sheet says Onan and engine generator are options. although we have no specs since Onan is now an option that the standard inverter/charger is now the standard one used on most models. the 750 watt inverter charger. i don't knowif the 400 ampbattery that remains is the same original one which was actually 400 minutes or is now a misprint.

to get the bigger package will now require ordering the engine generator. Ihave no actual knowledge these are just guesses based on the original dealer sheet.

ps ifJim Hammill sees my posts here. i'm getting the Roadtrek-the zion introduction has slowed the wife and i up a little. because we want the built in twin bed standard dinette wep robably will still get the chevy.

ps fromroadtrekwebsite

12V, 3,500W, includes 2500W inverter/converter/charger, includes two extra 6V batteries (B2 option) (Not available with conventional generator option)
Old 01-14-2015, 01:01 PM   #199
Platinum Member

Roadtrek Zion promo video here:

[youtube:10h7gklc]PA0G8sYdbF0[/youtube:10h7gklc]

I like the in factory video clip. It looks like a fun day for all the employees
Old 01-14-2015, 03:55 PM   #200
Platinum Member

although the fixed dinette beds would be better for us the wife now says she wants too see the Zion.
Closed Thread