Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #1

Default Roadtrek Ranger - Added macerator

Has anyone purchased the new Roadtrek Ranger? If so, were you comfortable with the gravity dumping system?
We just purchased the Ranger. The first time dumping we decided we wanted a macerator pump installed in the side storage compartment. With the gravity system I had to practically lay on my back to get to the hose. Then I realized I needed 3 or even 4 hands to get the hose put back after dumping. Our Roadtrek dealer did not want to install the after market pump as they said it would not empty the tanks completely. However, we insisted, as we were unable to use the gravity system comfortably. We felt even if the tank did not empty completely we wanted the macerator pump installed. We insisted long enough that the dealer finally installed the after market pump in the storage area. The pump works just great and the test panel shows the tanks are both empty.
Has anyone else found the gravity dumping system so inconvenient it makes for unhappy traveling?
tlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: New models and options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlou
..........Has anyone else found the gravity dumping system so inconvenient it makes for unhappy traveling?
I added a macerator to my 2004 190P to make it more convenient and to allow easy emptying the waste tanks at home.

Congrats on the purchase of your new RT Ranger.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Re: Roadtrek Ranger - Added macerator

Sure hope you sprang for the Sanicon extension hose! Stuffing a rigid hose back into the small diameter storage tube is no fun.

Dan F.
2009 RoadTrek Adventurous
arrveedogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:57 AM   #4

We have the flexible hose and it is very easy to put back in the storage compartment. We are very happy with it.
tlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
Bronze Member

We also have the flexible hose on our ERA and find it easy to deploy, use and store. This is the first macerator pump system we've ever had as our previous 3 diesel pushers had gravity dump systems. We're very careful about using the current pump exactly as recommended in the owners manual and luv the system.