Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #21
Platinum Member

You know, I was just thinking yesterday about what a terrific forum this is! I can't think of any other place where one can learn as much about as many different things as can be found here. Thank you.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:56 PM   #22
Platinum Member

I agree! I have not been a member here for very long but I find it to be a really great B forum. The old "go to" forum years ago for Class B was on rv.net, forums, Class B. I joined it back in 2002 and it is hard to believe that was 16 years ago. Now, it is just a shadow of itself. I hope classbforum.com continues to do well.

A lot of folks on rv.net B (myself included) just got tired of the ongoing online war over the definition of a Class B and anyone with a "B+" was made to feel pretty unwelcome. And the opinion from anyone else was sensed to not often be appreciated. I still post there occasionally and read rv.net's C and other forums occasionally.

Folks on this forum (classbforum.com) are polite, helpful and stick to topics. It is really great and I so appreciate the valuable sources of information.

Paul
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Ughhh, I may have jinxed myself with my prior post. Late yesterday, our stick-and-brick Kenmore Elite went out AGAIN with a compressor failure, a whopping 37 days after Sears replaced the compressor the last time (the repair tech warned us that the compressor being used in the Elite, which is actually an LG-branded unit, has a failure rate close to 100%, but a 37 day life expectancy is ridiculous in a unit which has a 10-year warranty).

While we wait for yet another major repair, it's back to living out of our garage Dometic. We have the RM2351 which is a model used very commonly in Class Bs due to its size. The 2351 does not come with a temperature display, and so back when we first bought it, we Dremel'd a hole in the front face and added our own (available on Amazon for about 30 bucks).

I flipped it on late yesterday, and here is this morning's temp display. Obviously my main problem now is that it tends to get too cold post-burping. There may be a way that we can adjust that, but I haven't tried yet.

This in a fridge that, pre-burping, would not go below 45 degrees:

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #24
BBQ
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=InterBlog;710

Nice Dremel job