Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2021, 12:31 PM   #1
Gold Member

Default Roadtrek Service / Dealer Locations near Denver

The official Roadtrek locator website lists no Colorado dealer or service locations. This seems unusual given the size of the market. Is this because major Denver RV dealers don't want to service Roadtreks? Any recommendations for Roadtrek service locations in the Denver area?
Old 04-21-2021, 01:18 PM   #2
Platinum Member

What do you need serviced? What model and chassis? I’m not sure why you would need a RT dealer, unless it’s for something proprietary, like the E-trek battery system.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:36 PM   #3
Gold Member

I don't need anything serviced at the moment. Service locations have had difficulty at times getting replies from Roadtrek support, even locations which are listed on the official Roadtrek website. A son who lives in Denver is interested in my Roadtrek E-Trek and I don't want to let him have it if there are no Roadtrek official or "friendly" service locations.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:16 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Makes sense. I'm sure the bankruptcy and sale to Rapido didn't sweeten their relationship with dealers. Hopefully some folks with the E-trek system will be along to offer suggestions.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:56 PM   #5

In my area the two new dealers that were listed, one had not worked on RT before and the other I did not think knew enough about RT to have specific knowledge. There are some things that are specific to RT that having a working knowledge of is important. Other things not so.
zzfranczz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:57 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCLE View Post
The official Roadtrek locator website lists no Colorado dealer or service locations. This seems unusual given the size of the market. Is this because major Denver RV dealers don't want to service Roadtreks? Any recommendations for Roadtrek service locations in the Denver area?
Maybe enquire of Camping World?
Their Techs are probably knowledgeable of the same systems in different applications.
Old 04-25-2021, 07:47 PM   #7

CW is only servicing customers who bought from them.
zzfranczz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:04 PM   #8
Bronze Member

Not only are there not service centers but when you do find one that are just bad. There used to be an option for a road trip to Canada to the factory if you need something important see if that's still a thing
I have become a DYI expert in RV repair in the meantime

Quote:
David Pouliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:29 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzfranczz View Post
CW is only servicing customers who bought from them.
Doesn't seem to be the case in some locations.
We have had our RT worked on at CW Colo Springs, Co and also at CW Port Richie, Fl.

Definitely worth a couple minutes to call and ask.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:44 AM   #10
Bronze Member

Camping World in Hanover, PA worked on my RT, although I would not recommend them. I found a private RV repair guy who's way better. I've not been very impressed with the RT mechanics - I can usually do a better job of things myself. And not get ripped off in the process. I'm not convinced that an "authorized" RT person is better than anyone with common sense and some previous RV experience.
shelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:06 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelw View Post
Camping World in Hanover, PA worked on my RT, although I would not recommend them. I found a private RV repair guy who's way better. I've not been very impressed with the RT mechanics - I can usually do a better job of things myself. And not get ripped off in the process. I'm not convinced that an "authorized" RT person is better than anyone with common sense and some previous RV experience.
Totally agree with you.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:54 AM   #12

Transwest has serviced our E-Trek for several years.
tomato coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:36 PM   #13
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
Transwest has serviced our E-Trek for several years.
Thanks for the note! Which of the locations have you used and what type of services have they done? Are they familiar with the battery layout / maintenance requirements?

Is there Mercedes dealer you have found who is good at servicing the Sprinter chassis, for instance completing the recent exhaust upgrade?
Old 05-04-2021, 04:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks for the note! Which of the locations have you used and what type of services have they done? Are they familiar with the battery layout / maintenance requirements?

Is there Mercedes dealer you have found who is good at servicing the Sprinter chassis, for instance completing the recent exhaust upgrade?
We used Transwest in Frederick, which is roughly 20 miles north of Denver. They are familiar with the E-Trek battery system, but I wouldn't say they were experts - they mostly just did warranty replacement of the batteries. They took care of some issues with the Webasto heater, broken door latches, etc.

We took our unit to Transwest for several years, when it was under warranty, but we no longer use them. Overall, I would not give them very high marks. If you want more details, I can give them privately.

For general Sprinter service we use Westminster Mercedes near Denver. (We have an appointment next week to have the exhaust upgrade done.) I give them very high marks.
tomato coupe is offline   Reply With Quote