Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Re: Roadtrek TS now on roadtreks site

I watch the Roadtreking group facebook page a lot and various posters.

one woman posted that she is going to trade in her 2012 RS for the TS.

just for haha's i clicked on her name and went to her facebook page.

she has husband and 2 boys about 8 years old.

This is the DEMOGRAPHIC for the TS.

it ain't us old farts with just one or 2 advanced age think young though old people.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #22
Platinum Member

OK, you found ONE.

Lake Regions RVs in Ramsey, MN sells nothing but Class Bs and small Class Cs and are the Roadtrek dealer in Minnesota. They have a Facebook site where they post the happy pictures of their new customers and their RVs. Tell me what you see there.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lake-Reg ... tos_stream
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
OK, you found ONE.

Lake Regions RVs in Ramsey, MN sells nothing but Class Bs and small Class Cs and are the Roadtrek dealer in Minnesota. They have a Facebook site where they post the happy pictures of their new customers and their RVs. Tell me what you see there.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lake-Reg ... tos_stream

LOL- Davydd- i see OUR demographic.

However all customers are not our demographic. I suspect the TS will not sell enoughto keep it going. not enough of the demographic has the time or money to really make use of one. However i suspect some of the features will migrate to the other models.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #24
Platinum Member

The point I was making is with Roadtrek, and it is almost universal across all their models, is you have to buy a lot of compromise design that you'll never use or need. I would guess the vast majority of Class B and even Roadtrek users are like us based on what I have seen in my travels, those participating on forums, that Lake Region RVs site, rally and social attendance and even Roadtrekking on Facebook. Mainly it is the sizzle of taking passengers along. That's a big sacrifice in space in a very small Class B. I think first time buyers succumb to the entertaining seats around a table, the throw blankets and pillows, the flower in the vase and the long stem wine glasses not understanding the reality. This is Roadtrek's favorite image presentation.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:41 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Davydd- the Roadtrek CS full E-trek with webasto(1000 option)

and this cabinet in place of seat behind passenger would be a good roadtrek version

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Old 09-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Roadtrek is trying to cover the whole class B market...and does it well enough to be, by far, the market leader in sales. From the Rangers to the Sprinters, they offer a full price range. And in the Sprinters, they offer the CS - equipped for the traveller/camper and the TS - equipped for the family weekend traveller. What they do well also is to migrate technology from vehicle to vehicle, such as the etrek features now available in other models and the choice or propane or diesel heat. For any individual willing to pay quite a bit more, designing a custom classB is obviously the best way to meet individual needs, but RT seems to offer a good value at this upper end of the market. Like in most products, the upper end of the market offers a disproportionate amount of the market's profit so I expect RT and others to continue to focus development efforts on these types of models.
Belzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #27
Platinum Member

I think you'd be surprised at how many B vans are used for tailgating at sports events - both pro and college, and for family day excursions. To these people, it's just a fun van that they use a few weekends a year. They don't participate in B-van forums, or you encounter them during your vacationing travels.

I think that market is bigger than the retired, traveling, RV demographic. If that is true, then alot of these configurations work quite well for that purpose.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #28
Platinum Member

We tailgate Indy Car and NASCAR auto races but rarely see any other Class Bs and certainly don't need four captain chairs since almost all activity is outside the B. Until I see Lake Region RVs, a Roadtrek dealer, customer posting otherwise I still say the market doesn't exist to justifies saddling most every customer with something they won't use or need.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #29
Platinum Member

I think history could answer the four seat question the best, as there have been lots of different models with 4 seats in the past. How did they sell compared to their two or three seat cousins? Did they get discontinued sooner? Roadtrek has made Versatile four seaters and Popular two seaters for many years, so they should know if either sell better than the other, and they have chosen to continue offering both. That would tell me that there is a decent market for both. As I said earlier, criticizing the utility of a model that is not targeted to your use style is an exercise in futility, as it wasn't intended to appeal to you. For us, using Roadtrek models, the CS would be targeted at us and a discussion of it's utility useful, but the same is not true for the TS, as it isn't targeted towards us and we wouldn't expect to like it. For others, the CS might be exactly what they don't want, because it only has two seats, and the TS more their liking.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #30
Site Team

Actually, I kind of put this in the same category as cut flowers and wine racks. The whole gang sitting on those comfy captains chairs gathered around the table playing bridge is an attractive mental image for first-time buyers. Folks on their second (or in Davydd's case, third) van may see things a bit differently. I wonder how many repeat B-van purchasers there are?

These configurations may well make sense for young families. But I am pretty sure that most of them are C-van customers.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Not that it's a surprise but Roadtrekjoe says N6-will no longer be made
Old 09-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #32
Platinum Member

The TS will be at the Hershey RV Supershow:

Quote:
Roadtrek to Showcase it all at Hershey Supershow

Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA – September 4, 2014 – Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc., the leading class B manufacturer in North America is set to showcase its full line up of products at the 2014 Hershey, Pennsylvania RV Supershow.

Roadtrek will once again be displaying at the annual in Hershey Pennsylvania, a show that has been very successful for Roadtrek for many years. On display at this year’s event will be the company’s full range of models including their top selling Mercedes models, the E-trek and CS Adventurous as well as some fan favorites such as the 190 Popular and 170 Versatile.

Highlighting the show will be Roadtrek’s newest model the ever impressive and fully loaded TS Adventurous with the innovative and interactive Coach-Connect™ monitoring system that is a first for Class B Motorhomes.

Also on display will be two of the company’s newer feature options including the beautiful Ebony interior option that showcases their dark matte finished oak cabinetry and the XL option that allows for an additional 54 cubic feet of storage space on their full length Mercedes Sprinter models.

“This has been a great year for Roadtrek, we have introduced many new enhancements to the Roadtrek lineup and we are excited to showcase them all for dealers and consumers to see” says Paul Cassidy, VP of Sales & Service at Roadtrek.

Roadtrek will have a total of seven models on display at this year’s event, ensuring there is a Roadtrek model for any taste or budget. Visit them from September 10th to the 14th 2014 at booth number #504, across from the Giant Center.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #33
Platinum Member

Bummer, we will be going near that area on our trip east in a little while, but will be a couple of days too late for the show.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #34
Platinum Member

Personally we really like our 4 front seat arrangement in our AS Interstate for camping. The forward area with only the passenger seat turned around becomes our dinning and lounge area when we are inside. The rear bed area remains part a bed with foam topper rolled up out of the way to form a small couch like seating/lounging area. This works well for us now on our third month on the road. To each their own.

- - Mike
2013 AS Interstate on 2012 MB Sprinter 3500 Long & Tall
Old 09-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #35
Platinum Member

The TS promotional video had a shot of the control panel with a readout
that is labeled "Lithium Battery Temp Only". Anyone know what this may mean? Lithium batteries are not currently offered on any RT vans. If they do start offering, is temp something that must be monitored?
Belzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzar
If they do start offering, is temp something that must be monitored?
Big time. This is one of the major issues with Lithium battery technology. They are VERY sensitive to temperature and must be kept within a narrow operating range. The Tesla battery pack has both active heating and active cooling!
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #37
Platinum Member

the coach connect package is now listed under the TS. it is EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #38
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
the coach connect package is now listed under the TS. it is EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS.
Yeah, but wouldn't you knock off 18%.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #39
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
Yeah, but wouldn't you knock off 18%.

the coach connect package after 20 percent discount is SIX THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS
Old 09-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #40
Platinum Member

Very funny Gerry !
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote