Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2014, 11:46 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Default Re: Roadtrek TS now on roadtreks site

Well considering the number of folks seemingly addicted to their iPhone, I'll bet RT will sell some of these systems.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:34 AM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgraham
Well considering the number of folks seemingly addicted to their iPhone, I'll bet RT will sell some of these systems.

at this price i'm more inclined to semi build my own.

a wireless wifi baby monitor,a wifi ranger unit,a cellular mobile hotspot. you are really paying for the connectivity to measure and start devices remotley.

i have no clue how to do that
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:47 AM   #43
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCabinFever
Hi all, first time poster, long time un-registered lurker.

I agree with the CS being Roadtrek's best equipped model and was anxiously waiting for more information about this TS Adventurous. I like what Roadtrek is doing E-Trek wise, but I have a couple of nagging issues with them.

One, why isn't Roadtrek offering a side door sliding screen? For the price of new class B's nowadays, it is a must have feature. They seem to be the only major class B manufacturer that's not offering them. That alone makes me look elsewhere. The aftermarker side door screens really cheapen's the look of MB campers imho.

Two, Roadtreks major market is retirees. How is under cabinet fridge and convection oven even offered? I'm in my early 40's, looking to buy my seconded class B next year, in fairly good health and the location of fridge/oven is annoying even to me. My gf is older and I can't see her liking that arrangement for too long. For one, here was the original layout of the TS last year: (found on Roadtrek's facebook page)

This makes more sense to me, why did they change it? I guess there really isn't that one perfect class B RV. Just have to settle on what best suit our needs and can afford.

That said, if LTV offered an E-trek based FreeSpirit, it would be a no brainer for me. I do LOVE Adva3nced RV and that is my first choice for now. But I still have a bit more time before making my final decision. Looking forward to Davydd's review on his.
It will be better than sliced bread, if you know what I mean.
Btw, why do you love Advanced RV? Just curious.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:07 AM   #44
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
Quote:

at this price i'm more inclined to semi build my own.

a wireless wifi baby monitor,a wifi ranger unit,a cellular mobile hotspot. you are really paying for the connectivity to measure and start devices remotley.

i have no clue how to do that
You'd be surprised how easy some newer wireless technology is to understand and install yourself.
We just added a complete wireless home security system. Totally diy.
Not that complex, if you're wiling to take the time to research this stuff.
It's intimidating at first, but most retailers understand that, and can help mitigate the apprehension.
If anyone is interested in wireless home security systems, PM me for details.
I'm not affiliated with the company I bought from. I just like the system and their support has been excellent.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #45

Quote:
It will be better than sliced bread, if you know what I mean.
Btw, why do you love Advanced RV? Just curious.

Mike, I think it's hard not to like what Advanced-Rv is doing for the Class B Rvers. I plan on going to their open-house next year to finalize my decision on what to get. By then I'll be ready.

Things I like about Advanced-Rv: Ability to totally customize your RV pretty much exactly how you want it, infloor heating, easy off-grid camping, totally stealth on the outside and it's a U.S. company. I have a few ideas I haven't seen in a Class B before and I think Advanced-Rv should have no problem inplementing them.

What I kind of don't like: the wait, their front privacy curtains (looks cheap to me), and price. But then I look at Outside Van's $280,000 Brown Pow here: http://www.outsidevan.com/inventory.php then Advanced-Rv's prices doesn't seem so bad any more, lol.

But I'll be damned if I keep coming back to the CS-Adventurous and Roadtrek.

Pluses for the CS: spare tire underneath the van, fresh water fill inside the passenger door, the ability to buy it and drive it without a long wait from a rv dealer if I get too impatient, 7 cubit feet fridge, raised appliances, Alde heating, and of course the E-trek packaging.

On the TS Adventurous I think I would pass on the wireless gadgets. How easy would it be for someone to hack into your rv? More things to break too, imho. But I think the new cabinetry for the TS-Adventurous is gorgeous though. (The one on their website, not the picture above.)

I saw a video on where Advanced-Rv can install a sliding screen door for a price. I just hope that option will still be available when I'm ready to buy next year. If not, I'll try to diy a sliding screen door myself.
BadCabinFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #46
Platinum Member

Interesting, Bad. (Sorry, don't know your real moniker)
I believe the parts that puzzle me about A-RV are the wait and price for something that can be had elsewhere for less with only some minor compromises in simple things like layout and finishes. As you so aptly observed.
Even assuming those 2 things can be tolerated and/or handled, your argument for the Roadtrek version of a reasonably (?) priced class b on a Sprinter seems pretty good, too.
I just wonder if high end price often gets taken by some to equate to superior taste in style, and superior functionality. I'm pretty sure we've all seen more than enough examples in the real world that contradict that premise.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Good luck with your "build".
Old 09-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #47
Platinum Member

Is that Rainer beer inside the refer on that $280,000.00 van?
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #48
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49er
Not sure about the beer brand, but I think they hired Mike Tyson's tattoo artist to paint the outside.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:02 PM   #49
Platinum Member

Don't overlook the value of the 6-year E-Trek warranty. And, in my experience, RT has been great about warranty repairs. Last time I looked, A-RV still listed only a 3-year coach warranty. Surprising?
Arlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:13 PM   #50
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Quote:
the coach connect package is now listed under the TS. it is EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS.
Yeah, but wouldn't you knock off 18%.

the coach connect package after 20 percent discount is SIX THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS

Jim Hammill said today that coach connect includes 2 years of unlimited 3g/4g connectivity. you would have to extend that part afterwards-starting to seem like abetter deal.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #51
Platinum Member

Couldn't you get a better unlimited wireless package at less than half of that from one of the bigger US wireless service providers? How can JH guarantee 3G/4G connectivity in areas that are out of range of those services?
Sorry, I'm not aware of the extras included with the coach connect offering so i may be comparing different types of fruit.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #52
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Couldn't you get a better unlimited wireless package at less than half of that from one of the bigger US wireless service providers? How can JH guarantee 3G/4G connectivity in areas that are out of range of those services?
Sorry, I'm not aware of the extras included with the coach connect offering so i may be comparing different types of fruit.
Mike, i said roadtrek pays for it first 2 years. i don't think it will work in no coverage cell areas-just that they pay for it included, i don't have a specific brand yet.

it could be something like a wifiranger system-whihc can also link to a cellular connection. if i find out a specific i will post it.

Jim hammill saying they covered first 2 years was in responese to a question. no more info than that
Old 09-12-2014, 12:58 AM   #53
Platinum Member

Gerry, i read the quoted text in your post as saying that the coach connect package was now listed as an option on the TS, and cost $6400 after a 20% discount. I also read it as saying the duration of included 3G/4G was for 2 years, and suggested you would be responsible for it after the package deal expired. Based on those numbers, 2 years of built in wifi as part of an option that costs $6400, seemed a bit spendy.
Sorry if I misread the post.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:36 AM   #54
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49er
.... And it's marked SOLD on that web site!

- - Mike
2013 AS Interstate on 2012 MB Sprinter 3500 Long & Tall
Old 09-12-2014, 04:53 PM   #55
Platinum Member

Just like when RT offered Li-Ion batteries, I think the Coach Connect gadget will attract a couple of "tech at any price" buyers, but in the long run not many will go for it. It'll then quietly disappear from the options list.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #56

For the price of the Coach Connect gadgetry, 4x4 for the same price would be a better option imho, if it were available.

Mike, my name is David, but we already have a Davydd here. I'm also coming to the conclusion that I don't want to build anything. Do love reading about what others are doing to their Rv's though, but The CS-Etrek seems like the best fit for me. It'll be a hell of an upgrade from my first Class B.

Boxster1971 - Sigh, I'm in the wrong business. There is no way the options even with Lithium Ion batteries can jack up the price that much. Someone got an early Christmas bonus.
BadCabinFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #57
Platinum Member

Quote:
Just like when RT offered Li-Ion batteries, I think the Coach Connect gadget will attract a couple of "tech at any price" buyers, but in the long run not many will go for it. It'll then quietly disappear from the options list.
Total control is probably the future. It could be Roadtrek is just jacking up its prices to take advantage of early adopters. Advanced RV has had touch screen total control of everything in its Bs through the Silverleaf Total Control and smartphone interface. So, it really is not a first by Roadtrek. Lake Region RVs in the Twin Cities has a TS with Coach Connect in a charcoal grey coming in soon.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #58
Bronze Member

Current top B for me is a TS XL E-Trek without the coach connect. With A-RV in my backyard, I should at least give them a chance at it even though they don't have any units that can sleep 4.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:29 AM   #59
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black88mx6
Current top B for me is a TS XL E-Trek without the coach connect. With A-RV in my backyard, I should at least give them a chance at it even though they don't have any units that can sleep 4.
You can ask them if they could develop one to sleep 4. I took to CAD and drew up my own plans for changes they've agreed to do. The truth of the matter is we have traveled with five (son and two grandsons) and three (granddaughter) people on three different thousand mile plus trips. My assessment is a Class B is only adequate for two people max because of space, personal storage and stuff, and tank capacities. Yeah it could be done but it also could be the vacations from hell. A Class C would be a much better choice.

If two kids could sleep on the front bed in the Winnebago ERA 70A it would be a good choice because it has infinitely more storage space than any of the Roadtreks.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:53 AM   #60
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Quote:
Originally Posted by black88mx6
You can ask them if they could develop one to sleep 4. I took to CAD and drew up my own plans for changes they've agreed to do. The truth of the matter is we have traveled with five (son and two grandsons) and three (granddaughter) people on three different thousand mile plus trips. My assessment is a Class B is only adequate for two people max because of space, personal storage and stuff, and tank capacities. Yeah it could be done but it also could be the vacations from hell. A Class C would be a much better choice.

If two kids could sleep on the front bed in the Winnebago ERA 70A it would be a good choice because it has infinitely more storage space than any of the Roadtreks.
I did talk to A-RV, they said that they had some ideas on how to do it; so they have had some inquiries on it before.

Our three / four week trips have been done car camping in a 07 Sienna minivan; homemade bunk beds and all, no tents. 7K+ mile trips. We know how to pack lite, national park campgrounds, national forests and Walmart parking lots. All had a great time, and we can't wait to do it again. We also do many day trips, soccer and other sporting events; driving, parking and gas millage of a C would be too much. The B would replace the mini-van, and still has the stealth of a passenger van. Just what we are looking for.