Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Roadtrek TS now on roadtreks site

Roadtrek has finally put the TS on their site although some parts of it don't click on it. the main TS page does work however. some cool stuff though
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Roadtrek TS now on roadtreks site

US
http://www.roadtrek.com/models.aspx?...15&Country=USA

Canada
http://www.roadtrek.com/models.aspx?...15&Country=CDN

The "Build your own" wasn't working when I tried it but probably will be working soon.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Here's the video:

[youtube:2ad9f0a9]6Q8DUCYrAq4[/youtube:2ad9f0a9]
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I watched the video- it looks good.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #5
Platinum Member

That's an impressive effort. However, I still can't reconcile what I have always thought was a terrible floor plan with too narrow bathroom, kitchen counter on the driver's side overlooking an adjacent campsite, raised higher than standard in order to accommodate under counter microwave and refrigerator. They've improved the microwave with a drawer type but that refrigerator is totally inadequate to our needs at 3.6 cf (smaller than my current one). I still cannot reconcile being able to haul so many people and calling it a touring coach. 99% of our travel has been two people and I will no longer sacrifice space for more people. Besides that, capacities of Class Bs really cannot accommodate more than two people without giving up a lot, especially for extended time touring. Total touch control, heated floors, clean exterior...hmm, where is that coming from?

Roadtrek is clearly the best of the major converters with innovation. Airstream, Winnebago, LTV and Pleasure-way should take note. I think innovation especially in go anywhere dry camping is going to drive desires as that innovation comes more known and the others will lose ground.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #6
Platinum Member

This is a great vehicle if you travel with 4 people (with ipads) that don't need to use a bathroom or shower.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Very interesting. I was never a fan of the way Roadtrek was just throwing out models a few years ago, hoping something would sell, but their more recent, focused, releases are much better IMO.

While the TS doesn't appeal the me, that doesn't really matter, as I am not the target audience for that model. I am much more attracted to the CS, which very closely matches what I would want in a B, and is probably the only mass produced Sprinter I would consider. I think criticizing each model by each design feature just gets to be an exercise in negativity. Why knock down a model that wasn't intended to appeal to you, when another may be closer to what you want, especially within the same manufacturer.

I do still feel that Roadtrek (and others) are racing too quickly to the high end of the market and may well fall on hard times when all the mid/low buyers don't buy used older units and get new reasonably priced units from other manufacturers. Having starting pricing in the $120K range has got to severely limit the market, when you can get utility for $80K.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobe
This is a great vehicle if you travel with 4 people (with ipads) that don't need to use a bathroom or shower.
Jim Hammill implied that the second row chairs a replaceable with cabinets

it does have a bathroom and shower-what makes you think it does not.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
Very interesting. I was never a fan of the way Roadtrek was just throwing out models a few years ago, hoping something would sell, but their more recent, focused, releases are much better IMO.

While the TS doesn't appeal the me, that doesn't really matter, as I am not the target audience for that model. I am much more attracted to the CS, which very closely matches what I would want in a B, and is probably the only mass produced Sprinter I would consider. I think criticizing each model by each design feature just gets to be an exercise in negativity. Why knock down a model that wasn't intended to appeal to you, when another may be closer to what you want, especially within the same manufacturer.

I do still feel that Roadtrek (and others) are racing too quickly to the high end of the market and may well fall on hard times when all the mid/low buyers don't buy used older units and get new reasonably priced units from other manufacturers. Having starting pricing in the $120K range has got to severely limit the market, when you can get utility for $80K.

booster-roadtrek CS with e-trek package is their best model in my opinion-the connect feature will probably go in to some of the other models.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:11 PM   #10

Hi all, first time poster, long time un-registered lurker.

I agree with the CS being Roadtrek's best equipped model and was anxiously waiting for more information about this TS Adventurous. I like what Roadtrek is doing E-Trek wise, but I have a couple of nagging issues with them.

One, why isn't Roadtrek offering a side door sliding screen? For the price of new class B's nowadays, it is a must have feature. They seem to be the only major class B manufacturer that's not offering them. That alone makes me look elsewhere. The aftermarker side door screens really cheapen's the look of MB campers imho.

Two, Roadtreks major market is retirees. How is under cabinet fridge and convection oven even offered? I'm in my early 40's, looking to buy my seconded class B next year, in fairly good health and the location of fridge/oven is annoying even to me. My gf is older and I can't see her liking that arrangement for too long. For one, here was the original layout of the TS last year: (found on Roadtrek's facebook page)

This makes more sense to me, why did they change it? I guess there really isn't that one perfect class B RV. Just have to settle on what best suit our needs and can afford.

That said, if LTV offered an E-trek based FreeSpirit, it would be a no brainer for me. I do LOVE Advanced RV and that is my first choice for now. But I still have a bit more time before making my final decision. Looking forward to Davydd's review on his.
BadCabinFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:24 PM   #11
Site Team

I, too, admire RT's technical innovation. *My* problem with them is fit and finish. Every time I look at one and peek under the covers, I see the same kind of sloppiness that ultimately drove me away from Airstream. If they were to clean up their act, they would get my attention very rapidly.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:01 AM   #12
Silver Member

I too asked last year of RT at the Hershey RV SHOW why no sliding screen door yet? Factory employee gave me a very good answer. They look at the various ones that are installed when they visit the various RV shows around the country. And by in large everyone is broken by the end of the RV show. An RV show is a good "test" case they said. Makes sense to me. I;m sure Jim Hammill will eventually have a good one available for the side door but until he's happy and his engineers are too, we probably won't see one.
bikerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:17 AM   #13
Platinum Member

The CS solved the issue of the microwave and refrigerator in a tall cabinet behind the driver. But it loses its openess the RS and TS have with tall to ceiling structures on one side only.

I see the TS is incorporating a feature I like and requested in a design change with Advanced RV and that is to be able to turn the driver's seat 180 degrees and work at a folding desk. I almost managed this with my GWVan Legend but it didn't quite work. That's been gnawing on me for 3 years.

I've always liked the electric sofa concepts. The tri-fold GWVan and Advanced RV uses has some advantages over the bi-fold/ottoman combination, IMO (I've had both), but I've reached a point where I want more versatility yet and more underneath storage. Having a full bed where you have to crab walk to get out at the foot of the bed was starting to wear on me with age. There has got to be a better way. The Winnebago ERA 70A with tall height bed inspired me to a new idea I want to incorporate. With two people using our B we don't need the electric sofa or the idea of sit on twin beds acting as facing each other sofas.

Also, I'm trying to eliminate either/or decisions on how the B is used. In other words eliminate converting spaces between sleeping and living. To do so you have to end the sham a B is adequate for more than two people. We tried it with three long trips with grandkids. It doesn't work unless you like crap piled up all over inside. The tank capacities are inadequate and storage for everyone's clothes and needs is almost impossible on a long trip. A weekend to a destination, maybe OK.

Of course I am speaking for one marketing segment -- the retired or empty nester extended touring couple. But I have to believe that is the majority of the B market. Not many young people with kids are buying these things and there are not a lot of inside gregarious entertainers using them for football game tailgating. I know there are other users but the majority are forced to compromise.

Bikerbill, that is a sorry excuse for no sliding screen door. GWVan has had them since 2008. When you have thousands of people walking through a B at a show they probably could easily break down. But I have never had a single problem with ours and don't know of any complaints by others I know or anything said online. The truth is converters were asleep at the switch and it is one more thing they don't understand. If they only knew how nice they are for bug control, easy in and out access and being able to keep the B cool without needing to resort to air conditioning they would have installed them a long time ago. What surprises me is no converter has attempted to simply eliminate the sliding door, build an infill panel and install a conventional door with a screen door behind it.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:29 AM   #14
Platinum Member

DAvydd-i believe the second seat behind the driver is the one that turns totally around-not the driver seat
Old 08-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #15

Bikerbill, that is an interesting response from Roadtrek. Don't agree with them, at least make it an option with a limited warrenty. But Roadtrek has a lot of sales either way, doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

Avanti, yes, I keep reading about fit and finish problems on Roadtreks online. Even Mike from Roadtreking.com had issues with his cabinets latches and blinds falling apart.

The CS and TS Adventurous does strike my fancy, but unfortunately, I'll have to pass and find something else.
BadCabinFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
DAvydd-i believe the second seat behind the driver is the one that turns totally around-not the driver seat
Look again at that tiny floor plan they don't have a blow up of yet. They show a three seat arrangement with no seat behind the driver so they could turn the driver seat to a flip up computer desk. But I could be wrong. They are also showing four seat views. Maybe they really haven't settled on a plan yet. But if it is the behind the driver passenger seat then again that is an extreme waste for my needs and perhaps I will have the first 180 degree driver seat with flip up computer desk.

The Coach House Arriva Sprinter Class B will turn the driver's seat 180 degrees up to a table.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
Look again at that tiny floor plan they don't have a blow up of yet. They show a three seat arrangement with no seat behind the driver so they could turn the driver seat to a flip up computer desk. But I could be wrong. They are also showing four seat views. Maybe they really haven't settled on a plan yet. But if it is the behind the driver passenger seat then again that is an extreme waste for my needs and perhaps I will have the first 180 degree driver seat with flip up computer desk.

The Coach House Arriva Sprinter Class B will turn the driver's seat 180 degrees up to a table.
David-that picture thing icon on roadtreks site is the same for every model-this has caused some confusion in past-people were questioning on the roadtrekker site. the only picture that counts is the one that shows up after you click on it.

TS Adventurous brochure is available

http://www.roadtrek.com/_images/brochur ... re2014.pdf
Old 08-30-2014, 04:29 PM   #18
Platinum Member

I guess you are right about the seats from the brochure. Other than some interesting color exteriors this B really makes no sense to me as I have mentioned before even if they knocked out the two rear passenger seats and put something else in.The under counter 3.6 cf refrigerator is a non-starter for me. It seems it is designed to be a fancy car, and if so, I'd question the need for an E-trek package.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:46 AM   #19
Platinum Member

3.6cuft fridge! That is not innovative --that is what I have. I dont like the packaging, layout or just about anything else as it is equalled in the competition or bettered, especially in the galley area. At 130K$ I find it uninteresting. GWV & PW are way better and for the same or less money, have better features. The extra seat compromises space in the galley. It seems like the 4 seat version where the rest of the floor plan is a compromise. As for solar panels, good, but they can be added to most rvs to provide much appreciated extra 12v power for dry camping. Davydd as usual sums up things well and so that is my input. And no screen doors--looks like a glossy make-over version of something I would NOT like but others might!! Not on my list for sure.
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:18 AM   #20
Platinum Member

I have to give credit to Roadtrek for pushing innovation at the same time being the leading converter. They could have played it close to the vest like the other major converters guarding the bottom line. They just mystify me with their design plan layouts, but they seem to be able to get away with it. As long as they can get away with it I suppose they will never feel the pressure. Architecture and design is my career as is beer drinking an enjoyable lifestyle of mine and I also can't fathom how Miller Lite can be so popular.