Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2016, 01:41 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Roadtrek Zion Fron seats

I am in the process of down sizing to a class B motorhome. We have come to the conclusion that the class B is really a better fit for our lifestyle. We test drove a 2016 Zion today and really like the design. My wife was not to keen on the cloth use on the power sofa. She would like to see what the leather sofa looks like. I have a couple of questions that neither I nor the salesman could figure out. This may sound stupid but we could not figure out how to recline or rotate the front seats. We drove with the seats in the straight up position and it was a very uncomfortable ride for both of us. The service guy was busy doing a walk though with some else and know sale person could figure this out. I know the seats will rotate but I am unsure if they will recline. I downloaded the Roadtrek manual but could not find the procedure there either. I would appreciate if some could help me out.
timp410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:13 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I suggest you download a Ram Promaster owner's manual and see if it is covered there.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:17 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I ran into the same problem - I could not figure out how to rotate / swivel the front seats when I looked at a Zion some time back and the sales guy said they tried & couldn't figure it out!

Since then Gerry (Zion owner) has explained it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
i have a zion both seats swivel. the the plastic corners of the seats in front of the seats-you pull up on them. one does swivel the other side does lean back-these are promaster options-they are not installed by roadtrek

there is no cable tv outside outlet-i had one installed free of charge because i complained before taking delivery.
Link to post: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...html#post35129
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:35 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
I ran into the same problem - I could not figure out how to rotate / swivel the front seats when I looked at a Zion some time back and the sales guy said they tried & couldn't figure it out!

Since then Gerry (Zion owner) has explained it:

Link to post: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...html#post35129
Thank you very much. The sales lady called this morning after the service guy explained the operation of the seats. I read your original post and we both had pretty much the same issues concerning the steering wheel. I need to be able to tilt the steering wheel. I am heading back to the dealer today to test out the seating position again.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:06 PM   #5
Platinum Member

no tilt on the Promaster-at least not on mine

if you google it the promaster 'city' has it but i believe the promaster cargo van still does not have it
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
no tilt on the Promaster-at least not on mine

if you google it the promaster 'city' has it but i believe the promaster cargo van still does not have it
Thanks again Gerry, I was afraid of that.