Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2023, 04:36 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Roadtreks: Will a N/S Full-Size Bed Fit?

Assuming the included bed is removed, will a full-size mattress fit in a north/south orientation in any of the Chevy-based Roadtrek models?
ExpressVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:18 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpressVan View Post
Assuming the included bed is removed, will a full-size mattress fit in a north/south orientation in any of the Chevy-based Roadtrek models?
The 190 is actually close to queen size but not perfectly rectangular, the 210 is even wider. The 190 is not all that long in the N/S direction, though and I think the 210 may be a bit longer.

We have a 190 and had a custom marine tataly latex mattress made to fit our 190, with a notch for the aisle as that is the foot end so no issue with space. It also gives the ability to more easily get up in the night if needed for bodily functions. I am the tallest of the couple at 5'8" on a good day and we have plenty of length and more than enough width.

We have had it this way for about 10 years of travel and never regretted the change to a full time bed in our 07 190P.

Not the the 190 versatile sleeps E/W so is totally different.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:29 PM   #3
Bronze Member

[QUOTE=booster;146002]The 190 is actually close to queen size but not perfectly rectangular, the 210 is even wider. The 190 is not all that long in the N/S direction, though and I think the 210 may be a bit longer.

Thank you very much! My husband is 6'2"-ish. (We have had a permanent bed set-up in a van for a number of years now and don't want to give that up!)
Old 03-21-2023, 05:56 PM   #4
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=ExpressVan;146004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
The 190 is actually close to queen size but not perfectly rectangular, the 210 is even wider. The 190 is not all that long in the N/S direction, though and I think the 210 may be a bit longer.

Thank you very much! My husband is 6'2"-ish. (We have had a permanent bed set-up in a van for a number of years now and don't want to give that up!)

We agree completely. We use the bed as a lounge also in the evenings by using floor pillows with arms to simulate and chair and it works very well. Since setting up that way, we never rotate and sit in the front seats any more.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 03:55 PM   #5
Silver Member

The 210, at least the Versatile we own, can't accommodate N/S beds. Cabinets and the kitchen limit the N/S dimension to 60" at the rear doors, narrower at the "D" pillar.
2006 Roadtrek 210 Versatile, 400W Solar, 320AH LiFePO4. Suspension mods: Front: Moog 81004 coil springs. Rear: SuperSteer Track Bar, AirLift airbags with integrated bump stop, 2" lift blocks, removed overload leafs. All around: Bilsteins, 265-75R16 K02's
Luv2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 12:18 AM   #6
Bronze Member

[QUOTE=Luv2Go;146027]The 210, at least the Versatile we own, can't accommodate N/S beds.

Ah ha! Thank you very much. So the Versatile truly is configured for a width-wise bed.