Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2021, 09:20 PM   #1

Default Roof ac repair

I have a 2008 PW Excel TD. I need to work on the roof AC. Does anyone know if it is ok to get up on the roof. Can the fiberglass roof support a person? Please let me know if you have done this.
Traveler88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:48 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler88 View Post
I have a 2008 PW Excel TD. I need to work on the roof AC. Does anyone know if it is ok to get up on the roof. Can the fiberglass roof support a person? Please let me know if you have done this.
Welcome to the forum!

I think others have said their Roadtreks roofs are very strong. My Airstream Avenue fiberglass roof is very strong.

If you are of an average weight, you'll probably be more concerned about your safety (from falling) than you will be of your Pleasureway's roof strength.

PS - If it turns out you need to replace your roof ac (they are not very serviceable unless you just need a start capacitor or something minor), then just know they aren't that hard to remove and install. Again, they main concern is safely hoisting the old unit down and the new unit up.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 02:14 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Don't know where in FL the OP resides but there is a retaining wall near my house that is road accessible on the top and the bottom that is available. My neighbor and I just picked it up from his pick up and simply walked it on to the roof. I live NW of Orlando in Lake County.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:10 AM   #4

I did it without problems with my neighbor in FL. But maybe it depends on the place and the city too.
Faustoryld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler88 View Post
I have a 2007 PW Excel TS. At an RV repair location, the technician went up on the roof (with socks on, no shoes) to repair/replace the roof fantastic fan cover. I have been up with socks only. It is not easy to walk around up there. If you are working on the AC, I believe that there are 4 shroud bolts for the cover that can be removed if you are on a ladder at the back of the vehicle.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof ac excel