Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #21
KuZ

Default Re: Roof vent? what about heat!

No the bulbs aren't tested, well except for using the hazard flasher function which flashes all bulbs except the one with the weird ground wire. I am still trying to figure out how to get to bulb there is a silver ring clip looking thing I am tempted to start prying on (as seen in the close up pic above)

Removed the paneling from inside the van today, here is a pic of the wire mess and the back of the lights. as seen from inside.
KuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #22
KuZ

I probably should have have put this thread in the projects section

I removed some of the paneling today, it was just screwed to directly to the fiberglass shell, and all the original plumbing paces and a side vent, are all still exposed to the air and were just covered with the lose piece of paneling.

Here are some pics of the fiberglass wall areas that are cut out for plumbing or whatnot..I am very concerned with this waffle look stuff? it seems to be decaying? any one care to comment?

Old 12-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #23
KuZ

And a little surprise was found mounted under the couch/bed thing. I have no idea what it is though..hope to get a better look at it once the couch is completely removed. It has some hoses connected to it, from the back side..

Old 12-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

I'd say unless you can find a shop that knows a bit about this particular type of vehicle
(for qualified repairs), or get access to a few manuals for it (to give you some idea of
what goes where, if you DIY), it's going to be almost a full tear down/rebuild job at best,
starting with gutting the rest of the van and then drawing up a plan as to how you want
it to look, and what essential equipment you'll need in it, when it's done. It looks like it
might be easier to strip the van "to the studs", and then start from scratch, like you would
tear down and rebuild an old house, that's located on a piece of property that you liked.
Consider the fiberglass shell at the back of the van as the piece of property you'll rebuild
your home on. You might have to contract out some of the work to experts along the way.
But a lot of it you can do yourself, and I'd start by making a list of "must haves" for you
and then prioritize them. After that, you can start adding the "nice to haves" as you desire.

Here's a link to your batteries, and I'd say they're not deep cycle, but might have been used
to run the 12V stuff in the coach. I see a red wire to one of them which could be a lead to
some sort of electrical panel in the back (somewhere?).
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/access ... fier=97512
Old 12-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #25
KuZ

Thats exactly what I am doing. I have removed most of the paneling, and am in the process of removing the stubborn bolts holding the couch bed in. then I will remove the carpet. from that point its a matter of building what I want. I just need to learn some things, and get some pro help as you say.

At this point I am trying to learn about fiberglass, because I am VERY concerned with the way the fiberglass looks anyplace its been cut...like for a plumbing hole or a whatever. its just looks very weird to me..I have to figure out a way to seal the many holes in the fiberglass, and how to make it water proof.

I am thinking perhaps there is a sealant type paint or something I can use to seal it up and clean it up, possibly even strengthen it up? I just don't know enough about fiberglass to be sure what to do with it...

Apparently the previous owner also didn't know what do do with it so he used sheet metal self tapping screws to put up crappy paneling over the holes! so I need to figure out how to seal 2 inch holes and now thanks to him lots of little screw holes too..
Old 12-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #26
KuZ

Thanks for the link to the batt. I agree its probably just a starter batter and probably used to wire a CB and a nice stereo and a TV, at least from the mounts and wires I have seen..a tv cable etc.

Ill have to figure out the battery's and whether or I not I need more different, I am sure eventually I will..latter. first things first is leaks, finishing gutting it, and a bed and a heater. not necessarily in that order (heat is a priority lol)