Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #1

Default RT 190 int. water drain valve

I can't find the "Interior tank drain valve" on my 2008 Roadtrek 190 Popular with the electric sofa option, picture G-P22 and G-P24 in the manual.

Where should I look?
Jon_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #2

Default Re: RT 190 int. water drain valve

Solved. The manual is wrong. There is no such valve on my 2008 190. I downloaded rev 5 of the manual from Roadtrek. It has revised instructions and revised pictures. My plumbing more closely resembles this manual. I have a "tank transfer valve" but no interior tank drain valve. No wonder I couldn't find it.

I recommend getting the newer manual (rev 5) from the Roadtrek site but beware. The diagrams are a mix of old and new. No matter which system you have, half of the diagrams will be wrong.
Jon_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I believe if we were to survey all the RT Owner's, past and present, we would hear the water valve situation more than any other. The second would probably be the Manual....it is lacking and confusing. Thank goodness we have the expertise from others to get the "straight" scoop. I am not blasing RT, but sure wish they would take these two items more serious, from the Users Point of View. Oh, now what position was that valve for the hotwater tank, or valve for taking on water, ha!! Glad you got your info, safe travels, Ron.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:41 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Glad you posted up the corrected info. I was scratching my head thinking about where it
might be on my van.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:37 PM   #5

Hi all. I think I found the potable water tank drain plug on my RT 190. It is on the tank itself behind the drivers side rear wheel and exposed to the road. Is this right? It's is rusted in pretty bad and I have not been able to free it yet. Any ideas?

Dave
Roadtreker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

That's where it is on my '02 RT 190 Popular, just forward of the dump valve handles and dump
hose assembly, below the driver's seat under the van.
But mine is plastic.Threaded onto a short spout behind the tank low point.
Not sure about a rusted on cap.

Maybe try a liberal dose of WD40 on and around the threads, if you can reach them.
Let it soak for a bit, then lightly tap the cap/plug with your pliers or channel locks to help loosen it.
Add some more WD40, and repeat as necessary. Patience is important and useful here.
I'd then try using channel locks to get it off, but again, be gentle. If that doesn't work, you may
have to cut the cap off somehow and replace it. Better to sacrifice the drain cap than the threaded spout.
If you do manage to get it off, there are probably threaded plastic caps that will fit it, and I
might replace it with something that won't get stuck again.