Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2021, 08:58 PM   #1

Default RT 210P Waste Dump Valves Replacement Parts List

Hi Folks: The black and grey waste valves on my 2005 RT210p are VERY stiff and surly in need of replacement.

As I know that it is going to be a pain in the behind - I want to make sure that I have all of the necessary parts and tools in hand before I begin.

Upon Blog reviews and visual inspection I believe that I only need three parts:

1) a Valterra 1.5 inch valve flexible cable kit
2) a Valterra 3 inch valve flexible cable kit
3) Thetford 1 inch ID macerator hose

I would VERy much appreciate the good folks who have performed this maintenance to confirm or deny or add to this list.

MANY THANKS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
BoiseAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 09:08 PM   #2
Platinum Member

seals will be stiff if cold- is this a recent/winter problem?

to make more easy to pull them back add very warm water to tanks

there are also ways to lube the seals.

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:37 AM   #3

Many thanks for the response. I am the second owner of this rig and the valves were this way several years ago when I purchased it - both in warm and cold weather. The previous owners used the tanks very infrequently so I believe that residue has contributed to this situation. I have tried the very hot water and spray lubes but to no avail. It seems that replacement is the best bet for a long therm remedy. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:10 AM   #4
Platinum Member

You might want to consider using a complete assembly, which should just drop in place and also add a cleanout port like the later Roadtreks have.

https://www.valterra.com/product/ell...let-no-cables/
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 04:47 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Don’t forget the Robertson screw drivers. Replacement 3” and 1 1/2” rubber couplers can be had at Home Depot.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:34 PM   #6

BOOSTER - You are the MAN !

I did not know that the whole assembly could be bought as a unit. This is definitely the way that I am going to go. The install will be much more straight forward, all the parts are new, and I get the benefit of later RT updates.

this forum and the great people on it have really made my beloved RT experience so much better. thanks, Andy
Old 01-03-2021, 04:37 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Smart move, IMO, as it makes it much easier.

I am not certain if the earlier 210s have the clearance in the grey tank to you will get access to the cleanout port, but hopefully someone who has your model will be able to tell you. Our 07 190 had the clearance in the tank, but no cleanout in the plumbing so hopefully yours will be similar.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:55 PM   #8
Silver Member

Our 2006 210V is on the lift so it was easy to take the pictures in this album. If you'd like more at different angles please reply and I'll do my best to get them:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8nbhRgjLW4APm7EP9

From looking at the manual the gray water tanks and waste valve plumbing look identical between Popular and Versatile so your clearances should be very similar.

Looking at the picture in the link Booster provided if you keep the plumbing very short on the cleanout it'll work. Your challenge would be to find a cleanout plug and threaded adapter that is as short as possible.
2006 Roadtrek 210 Versatile, 400W Solar, 320AH LiFePO4. Suspension mods: Front: Moog 81004 coil springs. Rear: SuperSteer Track Bar, AirLift airbags with integrated bump stop, 2" lift blocks, removed overload leafs. All around: Bilsteins, 265-75R16 K02's
Luv2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:05 PM   #9

The pictures are very helpful - Thank You. I will endeavor to get the shortest possible clean-out clearances. I have a feeling that I will have to actually get into the replacement of this unit to account for the potential differences between model P vs V - as well as the new assembly versus the old.

The Forum has been a tremendous help with this and I appreciate it. I have already ordered the new assembly - and at 68 years old - I may even try this one myself come Spring.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:05 AM   #10
Bronze Member

i need the same part where did you order the part please.
robert g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:15 PM   #11

You must order through a RV shop - Valterra does not sell directly to consumers.

I checked several shops - all said it was a custom order. I ordered through:

https://highskyrvparts.com
Old 01-07-2021, 03:02 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Lots of Valterra stuff can be purchased on Amazon.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:18 PM   #13

My Amazon search does show Dozens of other Vaterra products - but not the T83H.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #14
Silver Member

^^
Here's a link to it on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002N5L9T6...v_ov_lig_dp_it
pasusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:28 PM   #15

DEAR PAUSAN:

Please note that this item on Amazon IS NOT the correct Valterra product for the RoadTrek 210. The 210 uses a valve assembly with CABLE ATTACHMENTS for the release and closing of valves.

The correct part is as Booster recommended - the Valterra MODEL T83H which by the way does NOT come with cables. You must use your old cables - or buy a new set.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:48 PM   #16
Silver Member

^^ Sorry about that - I just went with the first part of the description and didn't notice the no cable thing...
pasusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:21 PM   #17
Platinum Member

You valves might just need maintenance. After each dump, you want to add some drain valve lubricant. You can purchase a Valterra or other brand, or use something like Canola oil. You also need to lubricate the cable!!! To lubricate the cable, you will need something along the line of a Motion Pro 08-0182 Cable Luber.
Tiffin Allegro
Foretravel U225
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:54 PM   #18
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wny-pat View Post
You valves might just need maintenance. After each dump, you want to add some drain valve lubricant. You can purchase a Valterra or other brand, or use something like Canola oil. You also need to lubricate the cable!!! To lubricate the cable, you will need something along the line of a Motion Pro 08-0182 Cable Luber.
I have never seen one of these. Looks like it would be handy for Roadtrek, bicycle, mower, ...lots of my cable operated tools. Have you used it? Can the lube really get forced all the way through the cable?
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote