Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default RT Camping at Home

Our air-conditioning went out last Thursday, and the repairman came out and told me the compressor was gone. I did have to laugh, the wife and I had been talking since last year about replacing the furnace and a/c!! Due to this being a manufactured home, they had to order furnace that fit, and also one that was compatible with the heat pump/air conditioner. Oh yeah, the unit coming out was 21 years old, had never been serviced, not even a freon charge. Old system was Coleman. York(own Coleman) is coming tomorrow to make the installation. Since the old went out, it has been high 90's and humid as it can get......so we camped in the RT and it was really cool. This is the second time we have had to use our Trek as emergency quarters, once during a snow storm we lost power for about two days. I swear, if I only had one vehicle to drive everyday, I would want it to be the RT. Safe travels.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:53 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: RT Camping at Home

Perfect backup use for an RV and even better that it is a Class B.

Gotta listen to your better half.........

20+ years of service from the old unit is fantastic.

We lived in our C for 3 or 4 months during the reno. RV's can be useful and not just for fun............

Hey, we hit 90F today - warmest place in Canada
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo
Hey, we hit 90F today - warmest place in Canada
You're joking, right? Last year and the year before, we headed towards the east coast because it was the coolest area of Canada. Can't you order some cooler weather for us, please?

btw, we may (read that as "would like to", unless some other things change) be out that way closer to the end of the month, but plans are being held up by several unresolved issues, including our doctor's vacation plans. I'm also waiting to hear from some long lost relatives regarding a possible family reunion that may take place closer to 2nd week in August, so it's all on hold right now. trust me, i'm as confused as anyone.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:45 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Sorry to go off topic.................. Mike - it is trending a little cooler here. 26C high and 13C low.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote