Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2021, 09:09 PM   #1

Default RT fridge, AC, stove upgrades/options?

We have a 95 RT Versatile. I'd rather have a shbgle burner stove than the two burners, and have more space - haven't found a dimensionally similar model ... Any ideas?

And, does anyone make a modern, efficient, maybe heatpump or something that will fit where the AC goes in the van? I've worked on some heatpump installs in box van cinversions, but that's different space.

(Abd yes, I may eventually replace the house batt and generator with a larger battle born array and some solar. Won't be the first time. But this little Genset works well)

Abd the final question... Fridge upgrades? It's not a bad fridge, but I'm not sure if the modern systems are made to fit in the same space as the dometic. (That's probably the least important. I hate the reflector for propane mode but other than stuff dials it works well)
Koyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:21 AM   #2

I replaced the dometic with FT130 on my 95D190P got it from Truck Fridge it’s 12VDC runs 24/7 not worrying about leveling the RT .
Renwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 05:25 AM   #3
Platinum Member

For a 95, I highly recommend two manufacturers only IF you are willing to upgrade your battery/charging/solar.

Gas Absorption fridges are great 9 months a year especially if you can burp them everything 6 months (disconnect them & then for a few hours of 24 hours, you rotate them in different positiountil all the ammonia is back in the right place. And or you never park on hills or any surface for longer than 30 minutes where the grade is more than 4% off completely level.

The DC units I recommend are Novakool - this is who I prefer, incredible customer service.

Or Truck Fridge which is usually cheaper & is owned by the Italian company, Isotherm/Vitrifrigo.

NOT Dometic or Norcold.
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote