Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2016, 07:46 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default RV Involved in Major Crash on I-95 in NC

Just seen that NC Breaking News that a RV run into the back of a stopped 18-wheeler on I-95 Southbound in NC, very near mile marker 95. From a witness it sounded as though the RV Driver was trapped in his rig. The aerial photos have both vehicles burning and smoking terribly. It will probably be on the major news channels later on today, but thought I would put it out here. Ron
Old 10-19-2016, 10:00 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I saw the photos on ABC. Hopefully they managed to get out of the RV or people at the scene were able to get them out.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:24 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Evacuations ordered after 3 crashes on I-95 in NC, multiple deaths reported | myfox8.com
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:03 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Default RV Involved in Major Crash on I-95 in NC

Just seen info on NC News that the RV was a "campervan." They alluded to two of the three people in the RV didn't make it. Like mentioned, they are asking Evacuation in a 3-miles limit. There were numerous accidents along I-95, but this is reported that the RV run into the rear of an 18-wheeler that was carrying some form of chemical - and it exploded. Aerial view showed numerous RV's behind the accident...probably heading to FL. Ron
Old 10-20-2016, 02:32 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Three accidents total, two involving RV's

1) An RV hit the back of a tractor trailer possibly hauling some type of corrosive chemical. Both vehicles ignited. There's no word yet on injuries at that crash. Firefighters are allowing the fire to burn itself out.

2) There are two fatalities at the crash furthest south at Four Oaks. That crash involved five vehicles, said a spokesman for the NC Highway Patrol. An RV was rear-ended by a moving van, causing the RV to lose control and it was struck by a second car. That car was struck by a tractor trailer, which propelled the car into a second tractor trailer. Two people in the RV were killed, state troopers said. A third person was rushed to a hospital. Their condition was not immediately known.

3) The wreck at southbound marker 90 was actually the first incident, troopers said. It involved an 18-wheeler that ran off the road and into a guard rail. The driver was pinned, and emergency workers had to cut him out of the cab.

Not a good day to be on that highway...

My heart goes out to all involved and I hope that the injured recover quickly.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:29 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore View Post
Just seen info on NC News that the RV was a "campervan." They alluded to two of the three people in the RV didn't make it. Like mentioned, they are asking Evacuation in a 3-miles limit. There were numerous accidents along I-95, but this is reported that the RV run into the rear of an 18-wheeler that was carrying some form of chemical - and it exploded. Aerial view showed numerous RV's behind the accident...probably heading to FL. Ron
Latest reports this morning say RV was 35' long and multiple fatalities.