Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2018, 03:12 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default See Level Gauges....a useful upgrade???

Those of us who are frustrated by tanks reading full when they are empty or 1/4 full know how annoying this is......

How many of you would consider that this adds value.....and would you install them or have them installed...to make your life easier???

Roadtreks have a terrible internal guage placed in the tanks..... very unreliable.....in fact, they freely admit that the guage is merely an estimate.....almost useless....

They might as well have just skipped installation they are so bad....
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:18 AM   #2
Site Team

See Level gauges work well. Installation is pretty easy if you have access to one side of each tank that is flat from bottom to top.

Note that the manufacturer recommends coating the sensor strips with a specific kind of undercoating after installation to protect them from moisture. There is a service bulletin that specifies this.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:24 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Thank you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
See Level gauges work well. Installation is pretty easy if you have access to one side of each tank that is flat from bottom to top.

Note that the manufacturer recommends coating the sensor strips with a specific kind of undercoating after installation to protect them from moisture. There is a service bulletin that specifies this.
So, you'd agree that it ADDS value... not only for the time you own the rig, but, makes it more of a sales feature at resale???

I would be very dissatisfied if it were just a little better...

I expect electronics to work.....

On another note... that's why I have a very sophisticated navigation and sound system as well.. all integrated with my cellphone...hands free...
Old 08-30-2018, 09:34 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
So, you'd agree that it ADDS value... not only for the time you own the rig, but, makes it more of a sales feature at resale???

On another note... that's why I have a very sophisticated navigation and sound system as well.. all integrated with my cellphone...hands free...
I wouldn't care for this as resale feature or something I would spend $$ on. I have said before we have about 20 flushes and full. Easy enough to test one-time and then keep track of going forward.

2017 RT Agile SS
ponti33602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:24 AM   #5
Bud
Platinum Member

The back and gray tank lights are interesting, but just don't need them.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:55 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:

For us, it really doesn't matter if it adds value or resale ease, or not, as it is an upgrade to the camping experience by removing an issue that was kind of irritating for us.

Trying to put a dollar value on everything you do to an RV is an exercise in futility, as very few "investments" would ever get a positive payback. Camping is recreation, not a profit center or investment.

If you are looking to put in a Seelevel setup for return on investment, don't do it.

Quote:

You have that system because you expect it to work? I would think you would want it to listen to............. of course this is off topic of sewer systems
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:56 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
I didn't say that.
I have no idea whether it would add resale value. Don't really care. Our van is for us.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:05 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Tank level indicators rarely work in any RV. I know my approximate levels by habit and by keeping track of water usage. A working gauge would be nice, but not a great "value" item to me and would have zero impact on desirability of a particular unit.
Belzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:59 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I agree with what others are saying - I would use them if they worked reliably, but honestly not much need for them so having ones that don't work is really just an aggravation - always reminding me that I have paid good $ for something useless!

I wouldn't spend more $ (and time) to replace them with ones that may (or may not?) be better.

The only gauge that I can see much value in having is propane - and I suspect that is probably the one that is most likely to work ok! (compared to waste tank levels)

Brian.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:12 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Default Propane tank level works fine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
I agree with what others are saying - I would use them if they worked reliably, but honestly not much need for them so having ones that don't work is really just an aggravation - always reminding me that I have paid good $ for something useless!

I wouldn't spend more $ (and time) to replace them with ones that may (or may not?) be better.

The only gauge that I can see much value in having is propane - and I suspect that is probably the one that is most likely to work ok! (compared to waste tank levels)

Brian.
YES... it's remarkably accurate..... compared with the tanks.
My RV shop that works on my rig said that the extremely tight clearances on the Roadtrek RS Adventurous makes it extremely difficult to install See Level guages correctly..... they did say that they would guarantee them to work perfectly.... but, I'm not ready to spend money on this luxury.... not until I'm too frustrated... we'll see...

In the meantime.... just waiting....