Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2021, 12:09 AM   #1

Default Sequoia + Salt

This is a relatively new van conversion company in NJ.

Has anyone had any experiences with them and their vans?

https://www.sequoiasalt.com/

Thanks in advance!
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 04:00 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoRockiesFan View Post
This is a relatively new van conversion company in NJ.

Has anyone had any experiences with them and their vans?

https://www.sequoiasalt.com/

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum!

It's unlikely that anyone here has experience with them, but someone may be able to advise you how to check them (or any small builder) out. Social media reviews can be helpful, but it there a only a few, it's hard to rely on just that.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:33 AM   #3

Exactly my issue. They have very little social media presence and no entry in the Better Business Bureau.
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:47 PM   #4
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoRockiesFan View Post
Exactly my issue. They have very little social media presence and no entry in the Better Business Bureau.
I think that your circumstances occur everyday. Large corporations use 'Risk Management' which can become complex (financial stuff). Many risky decisions that can be related .............. They hire folks for that and sometimes have use consultants for that.

As individuals, it is simpler. Your situation is kind of or just like someone standing on some bridge or building with one parachute that is to be deployed at the just the right moment or Splat. Same thing, is the risk worth the reward? Why take a risk without a reword.

We are all different concerning risk taking. Me, I would risk a custom build which is much higher that buying from Winnebago. But I would not purchase from one like you described, a lawsuit for $30,000? Probably would not work anyway, And I don't like that option - to be avoided.

Sometimes it can be like flipping a coin. Hope someone can add some data concerning the risk.

Bud
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 04:50 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I would visit their facility and watch as they put one together. Their builds are not very sophisticated, so you should get a fairly accurate impression. Building out a van is not rocket science.

I visited a facility in Oregon which has since become quite popular. What I saw did not comport with their pretty photos.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:03 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
I would visit their facility and watch as they put one together. Their builds are not very sophisticated, so you should get a fairly accurate impression. Building out a van is not rocket science.

I visited a facility in Oregon which has since become quite popular. What I saw did not comport with their pretty photos.
I visited one of them and had "interesting" phone call with the other one. Not impressed with either the visit nor the conversation. I met the founder of one of them, very nice and knowledgeable fellow, have seen their older products but somehow they lost the recipe with younger generation in charge.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote