Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #1

Default Sewage Leak

Hello,

I recently bought a 2010 Roadtrek RS Adventurous. I've noticed a strong sewage smell when we use the black tank. I've completely emptied and cleaned the black tank. The odor is gone. However, if I fill the black tank with water it overflows under the RV when the water gets to the top of the tank where it meets the 3" drain pipe from the toilet. (I can see the water level at the bottom of the toilet with a flashlight). I'm thinking it might be leaking at that joint or at the joint where the vent pipe meets the black tank. I'm trying to figure out what it will take to drop the black tank to get at these connections. Any ideas? I haven't found anything on the internet describing how one might do this.

Regards,

Hal
2010 Roadtrek RS Adventurous
San Diego.
hboswort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:50 PM   #2

Hal, any luck? I have a 1996 Roadtrek on a Dodge 3500 chassis which sounds like we are having similar issues...not the smell, just a straight leak. I've been searching the internet everywhere trying to find information about this fix and am coming up with almost nothing.
snowcrash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:07 AM   #3

To Snowcrash75: It turned out to be a broken threaded fitting where the hose from the toilet meets the black tank. I had the repair done at a shop, since getting at this stuff appeared to be a complicated project. The Roadtrek website probably has a manual for your vehicle that will provide a good plumbing diagram which may help you determine where your problem is. That's how I figured out where my problem probably was, though as I said, I had a shop do the work.
hboswort is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, leak, odor, sewer